Here are pictures of the new addition to the family! Took a few of it next to a Razor which is the phone I have had the last couple of years. I will keep everyone posted on how it runs when I get it fully activated in the morning. Picked it up to late to activate it tonight....bummer....the suspense is killing me!
    05-18-07 12:30 AM
    Great Pics! Keep em Coming, and Let us know how activation goes.

I can't wait to upgrade! My 8700r seems like a dog now compared to the 8830 and Curve....
    05-18-07 01:22 AM
    Looks like Verizon has a Zen theme much like the T-Mobile Zen. I like it!
    05-18-07 05:46 AM
    ...in a word; nice!
    05-18-07 06:38 AM
    I can't post URLs so I'll have to explain, if you go to flickr.com and search for user nate1861. He posted some GREAT photos of his 8830.
    05-18-07 04:21 PM
    So the activation process went very very smooth for me this morning. I was nervous after hearing some stories. I guess maybe it was smooth sailing for me since I was a brand new user and was not having to switch anything over from an older phone. Who knows... I am connect through BIS so maybe that made it easier too not entirely sure. Also, I mentioned to the rep that helped me out that the user manual they point to on the CD does not exist. She said it will be up by May 28 when the phone is up for general release...funny if you ask me because those people using it for business would be scooping the phone up first. All in all I have been pleased with the service. Phone sounds great and people hear me clear as day. I never have dealt with dropped calls with verizon so I will keep you posted. I am still a newbie BB owner so god only knows if I am using this thing to it's full potential so time will tell.

Here are a few more pics of the phone with the clear skin added to it. Even with the skin on it fits perfectly snug into the case that came with the phone (from prior posts I hear this one is way better then the one that comes with the kiit verizon offers). Also the phone is a 'world edition' model so it comes with all the different plug in's. Enjoy.....
    05-18-07 05:47 PM
    Trez09 -

Where did you get the clear skin for your 8830?
    05-20-07 01:04 PM
    Got it from verizon. I can't find them on the website to post a link for you. Just call the sales team and they can get you one. I ordered it the same day I ordered the phone.
    05-21-07 01:33 AM
    You can order a variety of skins from CrackBerry member Chinesecatt, or you can also see them at Shop BlackBerry.com
    05-21-07 09:15 AM
    I am having problems getting my .wav files to play. I get them as an attachment, save, then when I try to open, I get an error message stating: An unknown error was encountered. Resend? What does this mean? I can't seem to get any support, has anyone else encountered this? I can open .txt files fine, and pics, but .wav's.....No Joy.
    05-24-07 09:20 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com

What about trying it as an .mp3?
    05-24-07 10:49 AM
    My voice mail saves as .wav format or nortel format only. This is the main reason my company is looking at this device, the .wav playback, capability.
    05-24-07 01:46 PM
    cool nice pics
    11-29-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD