Before buying my Verizon 8830 I bought an open Siemens handset in London and put an O2 pay and go SIM in it which, of course, works well there. Now that I have my BB and will soon be heading to Europe again I've been playing around with SMS and have found a potential problem. I can call my BB from my (currently roaming) UK phone and vice versa, no problem. I can SMS text my BB from my UK phone with no problem. However, messages sent from my BB to my roaming UK phone do not go through. I called Verizon tech service. They checked my account and everything is in order. Then they tried to text to my UK phone number and it also did not go through.... so something appears to be blocking receipt of text messages at least when going from a US Verizon account to a roaming UK one. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with text messaging using the Verizon 8830 while in Europe (i.e., to European phones) or texting back and forth to the US.
    09-10-07 02:55 PM
    I had a similar issue when i got my Verizon phone for the First time.. it wasnt BB though... but here is the explanation they gave... there are certain list of providers who they have for International phones... and my friends were not having the ones in the list and now i am stuck....
    09-10-07 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD