Hi there, new member here. I got my 8830 about 2 weeks ago. I agree with everyone on the cover issue, real pain in the ****. Also the placement of the convenience key is weird. I turn on voice dialing every time I pick it up. I am having trouble downloading pictures to my media card. I bought a 1 g card, but I have only been able to download 5 pics. Keeps saying my device it out of memory, which says to me it is not downloading to the card. Any suggestions? I can't find meaningful help anywhere.

Thanks!
    06-22-07 11:42 AM
    After, many hours logged this weekend on threads and on the phone (and in the store) with Verizon I found there is NO support for Mac on the new Blackberry 8830, nor is there any to look forward to in the near future. Currently, there seems to be no way to connect your mac with the media section of the phone so don't think you'll be getting any tunes of pics on there soon.

It's too bad, because the phone is really cool but with the whole quiet ringer issue and lack of mac support, it looks like you shoudn't get one unless you are a PC user.

If I'm wrong, about this, please tell me cause at this point I'm desperate to figure it out or I'm just gonna take it back...
    Thanks!
    06-25-07 06:58 PM
    I took my brand new 8830 to the UK with me the day I got it. The Verizon Store had put my SIM card in and said that it would switch automatically when I turned it on in the UK. But it didn't. I spent almost an hour on the phone with them, a good part of it trying to get that stupid cover off so I could reseat the SIM card. Then they said that I would have to manually set the phone to work on GSM vs CDMA but they said it would then switch automatically back when I got back on US soil. It didn't do that either.

Now I find out that I can't even receive text messages that contain pictures.
    07-03-07 10:52 AM
    To my knowledge no phone from Verizon that doesn't have a built in camera can receive pix messages. Also, I don't know why people are having such a hard time getting the back cover off? Stop pressing on the silver square!!! Just put your finger there and SLIDE down, don't press.
    07-03-07 11:10 AM
    i used mine to go to Russia one day after i bought it. I used it all the time while i was there, data, text, voice and it worked perfectly. can't say the same about the russian phone system. russia is a tier 3 country still and the system just wasn't meshing well with the international network.

that said, the data worked really well and it felt like i hadn't left home (for better or worse).

the only problem i've had with the thing in the month that i've owned it is that periodically my SMS log and Call Lists will vanish into thin air.

thats frustrating. even my old emails vanish as a group (not deleted after 15 days as i have it set)

any ideas?
    07-06-07 12:46 PM
    Hi there, new member here. I got my 8830 about 2 weeks ago. I agree with everyone on the cover issue, real pain in the ****. Also the placement of the convenience key is weird. I turn on voice dialing every time I pick it up. I am having trouble downloading pictures to my media card. I bought a 1 g card, but I have only been able to download 5 pics. Keeps saying my device it out of memory, which says to me it is not downloading to the card. Any suggestions? I can't find meaningful help anywhere.

Thanks!
    I experienced a similar issue with my phone and a 2gb card (4gb on order) and I found out how to make it work.
    When you plug the phone in, Windows also thinks it is a flash drive or other removable media and assigns it a drive letter. If you access through the drive letter and not the Media Manager, you can copy whatever you want to the device. Just be sure you place the files in the appropriate directory (mp3s in Music, etc.)
    I have about 6 CDs worth of MP3s on mine now. I still haven't found any videos that will play on the thing though. I also could not get mp3s to play through the bluetooth headset and I thought I should be able to....
    07-06-07 05:57 PM
    Cool. Let me know. I am sad to report that I missed the delivery of my BB8830 and now have to go pick it up AFTER 6pm..... The suspense is killing me! What all came with it standard? I know I ordered a clear skin for it. Anything fun besides a charger and dull plastic holdster? I was thinking about buying the lamb skin leather one from the blackberry 8800 site. Here is the link incase you have not seen it already.
    I have to post one more message before I can send the link...
    Hey trez the BB8830 actually comes with a nice swivel holster, that if puchased separately would cost you $30 also comes with a travel charger with universal adapters, also comes with a data cable and I'm glad I'm not the only one that is having problems with the darn battery cover...LOL I was able to install Yahoo Msngr but AIM and MSN are almost impossible to add to it, so if any of you out there have a clue please let me know...
    12-01-07 12:43 PM
    I was able to install Yahoo Msngr but AIM and MSN are almost impossible to add to it, so if any of you out there have a clue please let me know...
    Look for a program called Jivetalk. Well worth the $30.
    12-01-07 12:54 PM
    beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging go there and click download (from your BBerry of course) it'll give you an OTA download and BAM your up and running in 2 mins, you can either continue to use the 30 day trial period or register with 1 or 2 options, 19.99 single device or 29.99 multiple device *but active on 1 at a time good for when you upgrade your berry to the latest model u can use ur old key*
    12-03-07 03:17 AM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD