I have purchased the GPS2000 and have set my 8830 to use it, instead of the Internal GPS.

I enabled Bluetooth on the 8830 and set it to see the GPS2000. So far, so good.

I downloaded and installed Nav4All. Started Nav4All. works like a champ. Then I started VZ Navigator. Also worked, using the GPS2000. Then tried BB Maps. It worked. Then tried Google Maps. Even it worked - most of the time.

Shut off 8830. Started again this time first accessing BBMaps. Worked. Then VZ Navigator. Worked. Then Nav4All. Now I was told that Bluetooth was not enabled. Had to shut down 8830 or in some cases pop the battery and reboot.

Various other sequences sometimes work for all apps, sometimes work for some, and sometimes all of them seem dead in the water.

Is there some sort of software incompatbility going on with the various applications? Or am I pushing the envelope too hard?

By the way - if nothIng else the Nav4aLL function to find my parked car - which works, albeit is sort of cranky, is worth all the aggravation.)))

Any advice will be appreciated.
    02-13-09 05:43 PM
    Google Maps doesn't have a Start GPS command. If you're using an external GPS that requires it, you'll have to start another GPS app (like BBMaps) first, then start Google Maps. That's what I do with my Freedom Keychain 2000. I'm not familiar with the GPS2000, but it may work the same way.
    02-13-09 09:04 PM
    I am aware that Google Maps needs something else ging first. I guess my main question is why sometimes running BBMaps or VZNavigator BEFORE Nav4All seems to prevent Nav4ALl from working or even recognizing that Bluetooth is enabled.

Unfortunately this is intermittent so I cannot establish a repeatable pattern.
    02-14-09 06:23 AM
    I found Nav4All's UI to be so odd that I didn't use it for very long, so it's possible I didn't experience your intermittent problem. Have you tried searching the Nav4All site?
    02-14-09 08:52 AM
    The Nav4All UI is odd. But I'll keep it if for no other reason than it can navigate me to my parking space! And I do find that when I use it to navigate to a place while driving, it is dead-on accurate. (Although unlike my Tom-Tom it does not show a map of he route as I drive.)

I did email Nav4All about my observations but have not yet heard from them.
    02-14-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD