I just got a BB 8830, it's fully flashed to cricket, calls are fine, text is fine, but I have some issues:

When I set my profile to loud, the phone only vibrates and "normal" isn't loud enough

When I get to email set up I only have two options:
    Use Blackberry exchange for work

skip email set up
    I want to set up my AT&T email, which I get via Outlook

I can download things like Bolt, Opera, Google Mobile but when it tries to install I get a message that it can't connect to the internet but I can browse with no problem

Can I upload applications from my PC to the phone via the sync cable and if so, where do I put them when I download them on my computer?

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    02-07-10 09:54 AM
    The low ringer volume and weak vibe are characteristics of the 8830. There are a couple of stickies at the top of the Forum that address those issues. You can upload apps. When you download them, just put them somewhere easy to find and browse to that location with the App Loader. I'm not familiar with Cricket. Your other problems sound like a problem with your data plan, but I don't know enough about Cricket to help you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 09:48 PM
    Thanks Jeff... I read about the issues with volume after I posted, sorry. It sucks and it doesn't help that my "loud" profile doesn't work at all!

Now, if I knew where my app loader was...
    02-08-10 08:34 AM
    The App Loader is installed when you install Desktop Manager. It's a module in Desktop Manager, but you can also run in independently of DM. Look for Loader.exe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 12:27 PM
    In order to get email pushed to your device, you need a BlackBerry data plan (BIS). Cricket does not have BIS, so there is nothing you can do. Emails will not be pushed to your device as long as you use Cricket as your carrier.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-18-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD