the USB interface on my BB seems to be not allowing the plugin to fit snuggly thus causing intermittent disconnects, reboots, etc. happens with other cables and on other computers.

question: does one take it back to the place of purchase or send it in to Verizon? Do they give replacements or is one just left without a phone for awhile?
    06-01-09 07:12 PM
    Those do go bad with just a little rough use. Not sure what Verizon will do. I'm with Sprint and my first 8830 did this but I had it for a year so they traded me out.

Good luck, that is annoying, I've been there.
    06-02-09 08:14 AM
    ok, i'll take it back and see what they say
    06-02-09 09:56 AM
    Would this cause my 8830 to stop synching to my work PC? I keep getting an error that tells me "unable to read application data". And this is with a new cord; my old cord has some visible damage, and i got a different error message from it...

Or does this have something to do with me having synched my BB with my home mac?
    06-02-09 02:17 PM
    OCD, does your BB charge via wall outlet or other means? The loose, broken connector is usually all or nothing, almost like a short in the wire or connection.

Your message sounds a little more serious.
    06-02-09 03:28 PM
    tomsentry, the verizon retail outlet said i can send in my phone and pay 80.00 plus shipping to have it fixed or for 99.00 i can get a newer 8830. 20.00 a no brainer. the storm and curve looked good too,
    06-03-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD