My usb connector is very finicky. When i try to charge my phone or sync my 8820, the connection is not good. I have to prop it in such a way so it stays connected. Does anyone know if I can get the mini usb connector replaced without sending it away. Does anyone else have this problem.
    Thanks
    Judesdad
    10-15-09 12:37 PM
    The weak USB connector is the Blackberry's achillies heel. It was never intended fo daily use. RIM put it there as a maintainence port for OS upgrades and whatnot.

Most BlackBerrys were on BES and all syncing was done OTA. A charging cradle was the preferred method of charging.

Unless you have Surface Mount Technology repair equipment available, you will need to contact a proper BlackBerry repair shop such as PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices. I have used them myself and they did a good job, fast but they were not cheap so give them a call first.
    10-15-09 12:50 PM
    I'm pretty good with pc's and bb's, but as a personal user. I am not familiar with BES and OTA. I suspect it has to do with "IT" people at a company. If i could get a cradle for charging, I'm fine with that. I will look into that at "crackberry" and buy one. I will have to deal with the usb issue for now. I guess I will upgrade when the new Bold comes out.
    Thanks again.
    Judesdad
    Last edited by judesdad; 10-15-09 at 09:19 PM.
    10-15-09 08:53 PM
    I did what you suggested and had the usb replaced by bbrepair and am completely satisfied. $69 plus shippping good company.
    Judesdad
    10-30-09 03:49 PM
    I recently had my BB usb repaired at CPR in Charlotte. Great service $40 and it took 20-30 minutes. If you need to have the usb repaired check you area for CPR.
    11-06-09 08:39 AM
    I wish it was possible to bring my 8820 back from the dead I really reallllyy miss it!
    11-07-09 10:29 PM
    What is the problem with your BB 8820? Can you connect to your pc with the usb port?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 10:19 AM
    What is the problem with your BB 8820? Can you connect to your pc with the usb port?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Big time moisture damage. Forgot it outside and left it on my patio overnight. Woke up, found the 8820 completely soaked from the rain. Did the rice thing and left it for a month, still wouldn't work.
    11-08-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD