BES turned off my Media Card Support and locked it. Any ideas how to get this unlocked?

Thanks,
    06-10-07 11:30 AM
    Only way would be to remove the I.T. Policy. There is a thread on this, do a search for it...

Welcome to CrackBerry.com
    06-10-07 01:30 PM
    Be careful removing IT policies on work devices... it can lead to termination.
    06-10-07 01:45 PM
    Thanks. I'll leave it alone as my company said they are working on the "legal exception" to allow us to have access. I didnt realize you can use it as a mass media device, which I could copy internal files. . .

I LOVE my career/job, and won't jepoardize. . . thanks!!

Thanks for the site. Already have found so many tips!!!
    06-17-07 11:05 PM
    I have the same problem with a locked media card in my Pearl 8100 for AT&T. However, I bought the phone used and the media card was locked when I bought it. So is there anything I can do since unlocking the media card won't be against any policies, etc?
    10-05-08 11:45 AM
    I have the same problem with a locked media card in my Pearl 8100 for AT&T. However, I bought the phone used and the media card was locked when I bought it. So is there anything I can do since unlocking the media card won't be against any policies, etc?
    IT policies are tough to remove because they are not intended to be removed by a user. I consider it unethical to sell a phone with an IT Policy on it, because the seller is putting the burden of removing it on an unsuspecting buyer. That said, here's how you can do it: http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/

This can be a two pot of coffee procedure, but it will work. It's the best one I know of.
    10-05-08 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD