I woke up this morning to a very strange status icon on my phone and I have no idea what it is.

It is light grey on top and dark grey/blue on the bottom. There is a little red icon on top (like you get when you have a new message) and a 1 next to it. I went searching through all my applications and couldn't figure out what it is for!

I tried to take a picture but the one I did wasn't really good. Here is it anyway.

06-21-08 09:50 AM
    That means you have a new notification from Facebook.
    06-21-08 09:52 AM
    That's the Facebook icon.
    06-21-08 09:52 AM
    Woo hoo! Thanks! I had no clue and its been driving me crazy for half an hour. I've had the facebook application for weeks now and never gotten an icon like that before. But that's what it was! Thanks again!
    06-21-08 09:55 AM
    I too have an unknown status icon and hope this group might be able to help me identify it and even more important, help me get rid of it. It only started appearing several days ago when (for the first time) I tried to set up a calendar function reminder...Never was there before. Now everytime my BB goes in security mode (locks at 30 minutes per my settings) I get this new Icon to the left of the date and time info. Please help.....Thanks, Rain
    Attachment 2509
    06-28-08 07:25 AM
    That's a calendar reminder alright. Make sure you clear the reminder and maybe try a battery pull. I didn't know anyone still had BBs like that...
    06-28-08 11:05 AM
    nah its da facebook icon
    06-28-08 11:10 AM
    Thanks!!!, the Battery pull fixed the problem. Not sure how I would clear the reminder anyhow? If you can write back on that issue it would be most appreciated.

ALSO: I know the BB 7250 is quite ancient, do you know of a more modern model, the works on Verizon and has the same or very similar keyboard? I don't like many of the new models with the much smaller keyboard and in some cases you need to type just like on a normal cell phone.....

Thanks again,

Rain.

That's a calendar reminder alright. Make sure you clear the reminder and maybe try a battery pull. I didn't know anyone still had BBs like that...
    06-28-08 11:31 AM
    I just recently got a BB 8830 and on the top of the home screen, smack in the middle it has an icon with a little blue guy, and two red lines to his right. I believe this is for voicemails because there is a 6 to the left of it. I searched everywhere hoping to get rid of this. Still cant. Someone help please.
    11-28-08 08:00 AM
    when iTurn my BB on it loads a bit an then a box with a circle square and triangle appears crossed out !
    and then it just stays there without loading up the phone ?
    i need help with this A.S.A.P
    Thanks
    12-06-08 02:43 PM
    when iTurn my BB on it loads a bit an then a box with a circle square and triangle appears crossed out !
    and then it just stays there without loading up the phone ?
    i need help with this A.S.A.P
    Thanks
    Probably has the number 703 under it as well. That is the sign for no OS loaded on the phone. Open up your device manager and connect you phone. Go to update device. At that time it will look for the latest OS that is installed on your PC for the phone and install it.
    12-06-08 02:47 PM
    12-06-08 02:51 PM
    I just got a blackberry storm and whe i woke up this morning i saw a weird icon in the tio middle of it.....its two circles with a line attaching them...i have no idea what it is and was hoping someone could tell me.....
    03-28-09 10:15 AM
    I have the same unknown icon as John B. above! If anyone knows what it is, can you please let me know at...addict@optonline.net.

I've checked the manual and no luck...doesn't have it listed.

Thanks,

Mike R.
    04-13-09 09:58 PM
    i have the same icon as the last two posts. can anyone help us figure out what it is?
    04-26-09 12:47 AM
    i have the same icon as the last two posts. can anyone help us figure out what it is?
    Can you get a screen shot and post it? I'm very curious about this one...
    04-26-09 12:58 AM
    isn't that the voicemail icon? no? I think so..
    04-26-09 01:30 AM
    Actually, I'm positive it's voicemail...
    04-26-09 01:42 AM
    Yep..Voicemail..
    04-26-09 01:58 AM
    I have this strange icon that just popped up on my blackberry pearl that i have never seen before. it is a black circle with a downward pointing arrow and a 1 next to it. I thought it was my blackberry app world indicator but i checked that and even deleted the app from my phone and the icon is still there. please help i cannot figure out what this is for.
    09-06-09 12:06 PM
    I have a new indicator on my Storm 2 that looks like a target (circle with a plus through it) I have no idea what it is and it hasn't been there before. Any ideas?
    12-29-09 08:28 AM
    I have the same thing, and I believe it's telling me I have 2 voice dials on the list, but I didn't initiate this. I would like to delete the list and the icon but cannot. Pls help. Thx!
    01-22-10 03:40 PM
    Here are some of the main icons you will see.....

01-22-10 07:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD