My wife somehow managed to hide ALL of her SMS messages (incoming and sent)! I can send her a message, she gets it and then all of a sudden it disappears out of her inbox. All of her email messages stay there but the SMS ones are gone. She mentioned that she had changed an option to hide them but now she doesn't remember how she did it or how to get them back. Any ideas??? Please help!...
    06-07-09 03:28 PM
    Go into messages
    Options
    General options
    Change sms & email inbox option

Hope this helps

Joe

My wife somehow managed to hide ALL of her SMS messages (incoming and sent)! I can send her a message, she gets it and then all of a sudden it disappears out of her inbox. All of her email messages stay there but the SMS ones are gone. She mentioned that she had changed an option to hide them but now she doesn't remember how she did it or how to get them back. Any ideas??? Please help!...
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:31 PM
    If she has them combined then they are going into the general messages folder. To undo this go to messages>menu>options>general options>sms and email inboxes: Seperate is probably what your looking for. Now in that same screen check to see if hide is set to yes also. Unless she has hidden the sms icon altogether. In this case if so on the home screen hit menu>show all. Hope some of this helps...
    06-07-09 03:36 PM
    I get to the part of the smsm & email inbox option, but it is set as "Theme controlled". I don't know if this helps or not, but she has two separate email accounts set up on her phone. Would this also possibly cause a problem?
    06-07-09 03:37 PM
    It needs to be set to SEPERATE...
    06-07-09 03:37 PM
    We set it to separate but it's still not showing all of them. Could it be that the SMS messages are going to one email account instead of the other? In other words, when she originally set it up, she had her main account but then set up the second one and now the second one is showing as default. Do we have to do something to view the original email account? Maybe the first email account is the one receiving the SMS messages... Just an idea...
    06-07-09 03:47 PM
    SMS and email are separate things. When you select "separate" you are telling the BB to have a separate "inbox" for each email account, and one for SMS / MMS messages. If she has 2 email accounts, selecting separate would make it show 3 total inboxes. [email protected], [email protected], and Messages. The messages folder would be were the SMS were going.

Was the option for hidden selected in general message options?? If so, de-select that.

Also, what does it show as "Free File" in Options > Status? if this number is low / zero, all the SMS are being auto deleted, not just hidden. Do a battery pull, and send her a test SMS.
    06-07-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD