i have the un-read mesage icon on my home screen saying i have 2 unread messages? i have deleted all messages ie sms, mms and email on the phone but it still tells me i have 2 un-read messages. does anybody know how i can geg rid of the icon as it's driving me mad!! i know i can turn off the un-read message count but that defeats the object .
    09-07-08 06:36 AM
    Check to see if it is in the Saved Messages folder:

Messages > menu key > View Saved Message
    09-07-08 06:55 AM
    I have read of this from time to time and actually had a "1" message indicator last week that I could not even shake with a restart. I did not delete all of my messages, though. That would have killed my O.C.D. self. I first went up to the top of my messages (where the top line date is highlighted) and left-clicked (I lovingly call hitting the BB button that) and selected 'Mark Prior Opened.' When that did not fix it, I did a battery pull from a powered on position. That finally got rid of it.
    09-07-08 09:45 PM
    If the suggestions above don't work, try this technique. Be sure to read the link carefully before you start.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/
    09-07-08 10:46 PM
    Missed calls also appear as an unread message. Check to see if you have any undeleted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-08 11:57 PM
    Also you can check the BB messenger app.

09-11-08 12:07 AM
    Did you ever get it fixed? Did you find out what caused it?

09-13-08 06:20 PM
    I have read of this from time to time and actually had a "1" message indicator last week that I could not even shake with a restart. I did not delete all of my messages, though. That would have killed my O.C.D. self. I first went up to the top of my messages (where the top line date is highlighted) and left-clicked (I lovingly call hitting the BB button that) and selected 'Mark Prior Opened.' When that did not fix it, I did a battery pull from a powered on position. That finally got rid of it.
    I have to do this sometimes. I find that it usually happens when I haven't checked my messages/calls in awhile. I can check them all and it'll still tell me I have a message unread... pull the battery... and it's back to normal. I still wish I knew what caused it, but at least I know how to fix it!
    09-13-08 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD