I often need to 'spell' the first or last name of a person when i reach a voice mail system.

The dreaded 'ABC' is the number 2, 'DEF' is the number 3, "GHI" is the number 4, etc, etc.

The letters don't show on the BB keys, obviously. Anyone know of a patch or download that would allow a 'cheat sheet' to show on the display?

it sure would help!

Thanks in advance.
    09-26-07 11:06 PM
    i'm just curious, have you tried typing the actual letters on the BB keyboard... it seems if they were smart that would automatically be possible when the phone was in a call
    09-27-07 08:52 AM
    While entering a number to dial or while on the phone (in phone mode), press and hold ALT while typing the usual letter keys. The 8830 sends the corresponding touch-tones. (Cool feature!)

You can also store letters in the same manner in your phone directory -- 1-800-HELPMEE, for example, and the 8830 will dial using the correct tones.
    09-28-07 03:48 PM
    would alt - shift be the same as holding down the alt key. I know that locks you in alt when texting or e-mailing, would it be the same in phonemode?
    09-30-07 02:40 AM
    Yes, it wuold work the same way.
    09-30-07 08:34 AM
    I'll give it a shot--thanks!
    10-08-07 04:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD