This is more of a network issue I think but I'd really love to be able to have two phones (8820 and Pearl) so that I could have the 8800 for work, then pick up the Pearl after work for the small, light factors.

I can do it but I have to swap out the sim card....seems a bit silly but that's the world of AT&T.

Of course, I'd rather have a curve with Wifi but again...I'm in the AT&T concentration camp.
    04-13-08 09:51 AM
    Two with the same phone number?
    04-13-08 10:01 AM
    I recently spoke with customer service (AT&T) about adding another sim card to my already existing phone number. Here is what they said. I could add a new sim card if I chose to, however, it would delete my existing sim card already in my phone. So unfortunately, it's one card per phone number, even if we have TWO phones. Which is kind of stupid, but the reason for this is the lack of space within their networks or some other bullpoop of that sort. So if we want the abilities of TWO phones, we either have two phones with 2 different phone numbers, or 2 phones with the same number and same sim card.
    04-13-08 12:21 PM
    Does'nt at&t have a pearl with wifi now?.....thought I read that....
    04-13-08 12:29 PM
    It is available online..has wi-fi..no 3g. The sd memroy card is also on the side of the phone. Same camera as the curve but the new pearl does have video capabilities. On the downside the new pearl is more expensive then the curve, which makes no sense.
    04-13-08 12:51 PM
    I can understand having 2 phones with the same number but I don't understand why someone would want 2 different phones with 2 different numbers. I like to only have to carry 1 phone. I even got rid of my land line so that I only have 1 number for people to call me at.

With 2 numbers, people would never be sure which phone you had with you to know which number to call.
    04-13-08 01:02 PM
    It's a concept but the wireless world is still catching up. Similar to having a phone in the bedroom and another in the kitchen.

It just makes sense, especially in a world of ever expanding smartphone/PDAs. I want to dump that thing after work for something smaller and simpler.

I've heard of something called "cloning" but it seems to be a terrorist or CIA trick from what I can tell.
    04-13-08 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD