Is there a way to manually receive email rather than having the email retrieved automatically as soon as the Blackberry is turned on? Thanks.
    06-03-08 02:38 PM
    You can turn off wireless reconciliation. Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation/Wireless Reconcile: OFF

Push email is one of the main features of a blackberry. Why would you not want to use it? None of my business of course, but yours is a very unusual request.
    06-04-08 12:22 PM
    I need to use my BB for extended periods of time without the ability to recharge it. Email uses too much battery.
    06-05-08 09:28 AM
    the smarmy answer is buy an iphone....

not to be difficult...but push email is the best thing about the blackberry... its WHY blackberry has a market share...

(it certainly isnt the browser...)

If you need to use your berry for long periods you can

a. buy a bigger battery

b. travel charge it (even those portable ones that work on battery)

-db

good luck.
    Last edited by daddybear; 06-05-08 at 10:03 AM.
    06-05-08 09:57 AM
    I'm a little confused by the OP topic thread..... No matter what the email will be there read or not... why would you want to do it manually. ???? I am lost for words. please explain further.
    06-05-08 10:09 AM
    Would this also be the way to go if you were on vacation and didn' t want to receive you work emails?
    05-25-09 07:29 PM
    It's what I use on vacation. My BB and BES has ruined too many vacations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-09 07:39 PM
    You can turn off wireless reconciliation. Messages/Options/Email Reconciliation/Wireless Reconcile: OFF

Push email is one of the main features of a blackberry. Why would you not want to use it? None of my business of course, but yours is a very unusual request.
    Not an unusual request.. I sit at my desk for 8-12 hrs per day..Why would I want to have to go back and delete all those emails in my BB that I have already answered via PC?? That's why we want the ability to determine WHEN we receive, we are the boss, not the computer??/ I think?No probably not...?/ [B]Thanks for the answer VERY HELPFULL
    06-10-09 11:14 AM
    So if we follow JeffH post on turning off reconcile; I'm taking it that in order to check email manually we would have to turn reconcile back on? I'm with jcboogers and bfriskey; I don't want to get email on the BB that I've already read on my PC.

If you leave your email push running; is there any way to turn off the annoying red flashing light?
    06-17-09 12:15 AM
    Seems like there is no way to manage PUSH.What a poor design. I agree, push is great , when you want it. I love my girlfriend, when I want her around, I don't always want her around, nor she me.... So why is it so hard to understand why we would NOT want PUSH enabled 24/7.Yo that important that you need emails during a wedding, church, or talking to a friend???
    06-19-09 12:54 PM
    I turn off the ALERT when I don't want to be disturbed. No alert, no distraction. I look at the emails later when it's convenient. That's how I handle it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 12:59 PM
    Its not a silly question. When overseas you are billed for all email pushed. How do you only get a list of what email is available and then download only what you want? Last trip I got billed 400$ for unread junk mail due to no way to turn off push - what a sucky design feature !!!
    09-26-10 11:35 AM
    Its not a silly question. When overseas you are billed for all email pushed. How do you only get a list of what email is available and then download only what you want? Last trip I got billed 400$ for unread junk mail due to no way to turn off push - what a sucky design feature !!!
    I was about to post the same reason i.e. not wanting to get everything automatically sent through while overseas, when it got posted....!

However - I also have a question / query: I'm travelling abroad right now and wanted to turn the automatic reconciliation off, and have done exactly as instructed above on two separate business email accounts that get sent through to my BB. However, despite turning the reconciliation to "off" against both accounts as above, when I've then sent through test messages they are still coming through? What else needs to be shutdown or deactivated...??
    10-09-10 07:24 AM
    I would recommend logging into BIS, editing the filter on the email account and set it to "Do not forward messages to device"
    Lass321 likes this.
    10-09-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD