I love everything about my 8830 EXCEPT for voice dialing. The activation button is located on the side which means that I am constanting pushing it by mistake. Does anyone know of anyway to disable it completely? I have asked my BB Sprint store rep and he has no idea either. Thanks!
    11-15-07 11:19 AM
    Applications --> Options --> Screen/Keyboard --> Convenience Key Options
    11-15-07 11:33 AM
    THANK YOU! I love my 8830 110% now!
    11-15-07 12:12 PM
    Yeah, I changed mine Convenience Key to open my address book. Very handy little button, and it's not asking me to setup voice dialing options anymore.
    11-15-07 01:13 PM
    SWEET!!!! I'm constantly telling that chick to shut up
    11-16-07 05:46 AM
    flounder610, that is hilarious!
    11-16-07 07:28 AM
    I turned on my phone and ofr some reason teh voice dialing activitaed, and before i used the headset strictly to dial from call log or hang up calls, how do i disable that voice dialing feature??
    12-06-07 09:21 PM
    Franklin, you are a lifesaver. Bless you! This was the only thing I didn't like about my new device.
    12-10-07 04:52 PM
    Thanks for sharing how to shut the lady off, now i too, love my blackberry even more!
    01-23-08 02:13 PM
    Same instructions for changing convenience key as detailed above through options works for the Bold too. Driving me crazy 2 days in with that voice dial. The voice recog is not developed enough to make it worth while anyway on any SP device.
    11-22-08 09:51 PM
    Same instructions for changing convenience key as detailed above through options works for the Bold too. Driving me crazy 2 days in with that voice dial. The voice recog is not developed enough to make it worth while anyway on any SP device.
    Go to options>voice dialing>menu key>adapt digits
    This will fine tune the voice dialing to you.
    I find that it works great especially when I am in the car. I don't even have to look at the phone.
    11-23-08 08:32 AM
    and now take it a step further... if you dont use it, delete it and free up a bit more memory in the process.... on your DESKTOP naviate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101_P3.4.0.7\Java (mind you I am runing 4.5.0.101 on an 8830, your os file might have a different name...) in the Java folder creat a new folder named removed modules. look for a series of files called "net rim vad". Some will be engines, some will be resources. cut them all out of the java folder and put them in the folder you created. now the next time you run the desktop connection and open the app loader part, it will remove voice dialing completely from your device.
    11-23-08 08:54 AM
    THANK YOU!!
    02-12-09 11:38 AM
    OK so this is VERY Strange!!! Before I tried to remove Voice Dailing I tried the application and it caused my 8830 to lock up and reboot. So I found this post and thought I'll just remove the application I never really ever used it.... So I tried the following steps.....
    "If you dont use it, delete it and free up a bit more memory in the process....
    on your DESKTOP naviate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101_P3.4.0.7\Java
    (mind you I am runing 4.5.0.101 on an 8830, your os file might have a different name...) in the Java folder creat a new folder named removed modules. Look for a series of files called "net rim vad". Some will be engines, some will be resources. cut them all out of the java folder and put them in the folder you created. Now the next time you run the desktop connection and open the app loader part, it will remove voice dialing completely from your device."

I've tried this 2 times, I was on 4.5.0.101 and then upgraded to 4.5.0.127 so I had both C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101
    and
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.127

so I created a removed modules in both java folders and moved all the "net.rim.vad" files. launched BDM 4.7 and opened app loader, both times the sync ran but Voice Dailer Icon is still on my BB.

So after all this I launched Voice Dail on my 8830, and the crazy application worked?!?!? go figure.
    Last edited by kwilson8cinci; 02-12-09 at 01:15 PM.
    02-12-09 01:03 PM
    and now take it a step further... if you dont use it, delete it and free up a bit more memory in the process.... on your DESKTOP naviate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8830-v4.5.0.101_P3.4.0.7\Java (mind you I am runing 4.5.0.101 on an 8830, your os file might have a different name...) in the Java folder creat a new folder named removed modules. look for a series of files called "net rim vad". Some will be engines, some will be resources. cut them all out of the java folder and put them in the folder you created. now the next time you run the desktop connection and open the app loader part, it will remove voice dialing completely from your device.
    Go to options>voice dialing>menu key>adapt digits
    This will fine tune the voice dialing to you.
    I find that it works great especially when I am in the car. I don't even have to look at the phone.
    gtstang462002, I don't see "adapt digits" my options under voice dialing>menu key are:
    Choice lists: Automatic
    Sensitivity: Normal
    Audio Prompts: Enabled
    Digit Playback: Enabled
    Name playback: Enabled
    Name playback speed: Normal
    Name playback volume: Normal
    02-12-09 01:23 PM
    gtstang462002, I don't see "adapt digits" my options under voice dialing>menu key are:
    Choice lists: Automatic
    Sensitivity: Normal
    Audio Prompts: Enabled
    Digit Playback: Enabled
    Name playback: Enabled
    Name playback speed: Normal
    Name playback volume: Normal
    hit the menu button while on that screen and its the third option on there.
    02-12-09 01:29 PM
    thanks Joe that was easy!
    02-12-09 01:37 PM
    Hmm, not sure why the cutting them to removed modules diddnt work for you... you did CUT them right? You diddnt just copy? I ask as I did that the other day... I do know that I have had issues before with having more than one OS for the Berry installed on my desktop. Maybe if you uninstall the one you are not using. Here is a listing of all the modules that I removed from my Java folder and put into my Removed folder.. I might as well have just hit Delete to them.

If you notice there are quite a few for VAD. I now have about 22Megs free on my berry after a three finger slaute. But then I cheated, Im also running the OS 4.5.0.131 from an 8330 Curve on it. Just how crazy do you want to get?
    02-12-09 03:16 PM
    thanks Joe that was easy!
    your welcome. its what we're here for. we're a family unless you're on at&t, lol jk
    02-14-09 05:29 PM
    Any ideas for an 8330 with v4.5.0.77? I cna get as far as start/computer/c:/program files/common files/research in motion/ but then there is no /shared. Any ideas? I am really tired of her telling me to say a command whenever I try to dial a phone call or answer my phone.
    07-20-09 08:52 AM
    The voice dialing app is terrible. I just hide it and use the convenience key to bring up Vlingo, a free third party voice app that works. Used the convenience key to open messages before that. Hadn't figured out how to remove the BB voice dialing app; may try doing that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 06:46 AM
    SWEET!!!! I'm constantly telling that chick to shut up
    Me too, and she never understands. Now she will!!
    09-10-09 09:52 AM
    Really thanks for this trick. It works with me on the Storm 9500. But after you have removed the all the *vad*.* you need to use the command "loader.exe". You can not use the DM to load the application since it would not work!
    After it completes, I would encourage "wipe handheld" and reset one more time before you go to sync. I saw the error "unexpect exception... voice..." but after reset, this error gone permanently. When you go to Option, usually, voice dailing will be located below Theme. Now, no more!
    Last edited by krij; 10-05-09 at 06:46 AM.
    10-05-09 05:45 AM
    Dude thanks for helping the needy God will help you :-) Sad thing is I gave up on shutting up that biatch and yesterday out of desperation I even went to Verizon store and their "tech manager" even told me there is no way to cancel voice dialing. Oh boy.
    Now I am loving it since that Screen/Keyboard also had another functionality of making the roller ball sensitive from 70 to 100 which has made my life much easier scrolling through hundreds of emails makes it a snap. Thanks sir.
    10-07-09 11:00 AM
    Any ideas for an 8330 with v4.5.0.77? I cna get as far as start/computer/c:/program files/common files/research in motion/ but then there is no /shared. Any ideas? I am really tired of her telling me to say a command whenever I try to dial a phone call or answer my phone.
    Try searching for berrycoder on google. He has a program called MaxMem that can remove it for you on your device directly. But you have to install it Over The Air.
    10-09-09 10:43 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD