Does anyone know how to disable the voice command button on the left side of the 8830 WE.
    12-12-07 11:39 AM
    You have to reprogram the function of the key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-07 11:41 AM
    Does anyone know how to disable the voice command button on the left side of the 8830 WE.
    Go to: Options-->Screen/Keyboard-->Convenience Key Opens (click)

You can then set that "button on the left side" aka the Convenience Key to open up any application on that list or set it to open "Nothing".

Cheers.
    12-12-07 11:55 AM
    Thanks, You guys are MONEY!!! That has been driving me nuts for weeks, everytime I put the phone in the holster I would accidentally hit that button and hear "Say a Command"!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH...

thanks again
    12-12-07 12:00 PM
    Thanks, You guys are MONEY!!! That has been driving me nuts for weeks, everytime I put the phone in the holster I would accidentally hit that button and hear "Say a Command"!!! AAAAAAHHHHHH...

thanks again
    Yup, i deprogrammed that key almost immediately after purchasing.
    12-12-07 12:17 PM

thanks again
    I just set my phone to lock the keys when its in the holster and solved my problem to.
    12-12-07 02:48 PM
    Thanks, this one has bugged me too.
    12-12-07 03:20 PM
    Darn, I didn't even notice the "lock the keypad when holstered" option. Thanks! I previously had just programmed the conv. Key to keyboard lock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-07 12:47 AM
    I wanted to use the Convenience Key to bring me back to Home but that option isnt there. Several others but no Home...
    12-13-07 10:31 AM
    I wanted to use the Convenience Key to bring me back to Home but that option isnt there. Several others but no Home...
    Pressing the "End" key will bring you back to the Home screen.
    12-13-07 05:34 PM
    My left Conv. key takes me right to Crackberry.com-I love it
    12-13-07 07:49 PM
    I changed mine to my sound profile.
    12-13-07 09:41 PM
    I just got the Storm. For the first day I was able top call people using the voice command from my bluetooth car kit...really useful. But from the following day it will not work....the phone just sits there "Listening". I have also tried this without the bluetooth connection. I have gone into all settings (including language settings), but it is like the function was never meant to work. Does anyone have any idea whata to do ???
    12-07-08 08:48 AM
    I just got the Storm. For the first day I was able top call people using the voice command from my bluetooth car kit...really useful. But from the following day it will not work....the phone just sits there "Listening". I have also tried this without the bluetooth connection. I have gone into all settings (including language settings), but it is like the function was never meant to work. Does anyone have any idea whata to do ???
    Step 1. Stop hijacking threads.

Step 2. Pull the battery.
    12-07-08 10:19 AM
    Go to: Options-->Screen/Keyboard-->Convenience Key Opens (click)

You can then set that "button on the left side" aka the Convenience Key to open up any application on that list or set it to open "Nothing".

Cheers.
    THANK YOU!!!! I just got my first BB Curve a few weeks ago and that has been driving me crazy.

Mark
    12-23-08 03:36 PM
    Ahhh thank you - no more little lady telling me what to do - woohoo :-)
    01-11-09 07:50 PM
    Thank you, Artisticme. Every time I hear that woman yell "say a command", I reply: F@CK OFF! This has been driving me nuts for two years, and I am glad to have found your remedy. Cheers
    07-11-09 05:25 PM
    Thanks for the tip! I recently got a diffrent holder and it was starting to bug me!
    07-11-09 05:52 PM
    if you don't use the voice command at all, remove it using crackmem and then you free up some memory as well...
    07-12-09 12:12 PM
    If you yell "Shut Up!" at the voice command (when you can't figure out how to turn the blasted thing off) it recognizes it as "Shut Down" and turns off the device! (from real experience)
    09-14-09 08:34 AM
    This useless default setting has been bugging me for a long time. "Say a command." Ahh...no more frustration. Maybe you can show me how to reprogram it to say "You are awesome." You guys are great. Thanks.
    03-04-10 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the info guys. Its been bothering the **** out of me.
    03-18-10 11:10 PM
    Hey - I jus wanted some help in disabling the voice command button for my blackaberry bold 9780. I followed the options button but I think due to the updated software they options have changed and therefore I cannot find the screen/keyboard option. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks
    07-01-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD