I know this is probably a simple thing but I cannot seem to install the ereader software I need to read ebooks?

I am a severely disabled wheelchair user & can't really read ordinary books now...so ebooks are crucial for me? I always used Palmpilots and am new to the BB.

It says to be sure & enable mass storage but I cannot find how to do that....

Also I can't tell if there is already a storage card on my BB? Do I need the card to read my ebooks? Is the memory card just for storage of multiple ebooks? Where do install a memory card?

Thanks so much to anybody who can help me!

Jana
    07-31-09 01:21 PM
    First lets see if you have a card, you could go to options --> media card and see if you have one installed and if so how big.

If not, you'd probably want to get one because you won't be able to store the ebooks on the phone themselves as the files are too big.
    07-31-09 01:34 PM
    THANKS SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO HELP!

When I first went to Options>media card it said that the card could not be read and needed to be formatted....When I formatted the card it said wait while formatting and then said "formatting was successful"....but still can't download the ereader.....
    07-31-09 02:04 PM
    is the ereader for blackberry? You need to make sure it is compatible with the phone you are using. If not, you need to find another one. There are a few free ones out there and Barnes and Nobles now has one out too. You cannot download and install the ereader to the card as you cannot run apps off of it but your ebooks are to be stored on there.
    07-31-09 02:24 PM
    Mass storage mode would be used when transferring ebooks to the SD card. It would be set up to do so when you connect your BB to a computer. You have to go into Options and set it up.

Once you have the app installed, and the SD card working, you will want to put your eReader books in the \ereader folder on the SD card. This is where the ereader app will be looking for the ebooks. If they are in a different folder, the app won't see them.
    07-31-09 03:24 PM
    Thanks for trying to help! I thought nobody answered me as I thought they were supposed to email me when there were responses...
    I am in alot of pain now but will look at everything you guys suggested and will post an answer about how it goes....I just wanted to say thank you for trying to help as I am at wits end!

Jana
    10-18-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD