Reaching out to a forum who knows their stuff..half of my 8830's keyboard doesnt work, trackball doesnt 'click in' to applications. I tried to do a master reset, but it wont let me type the letters I need to in order to reset? any quick fixes?
    04-16-08 07:03 PM
    Take the battery out while the bb is on. Leave it out 2 mins or so. Put it back and see if that helps. Have you spilled something in the keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 07:06 PM
    Taking the battery out is the only way I can unlock the keyboard. Yeah, I just got out of the pool when I checked messages, but it was two days ago. dang
    04-16-08 07:09 PM
    If you bought it used, you got taken unfortunatly. If it's yours and still within the 1 Year warranty, get it replaced by the carrier.

Sounds like you got it wet from the pool. Should have dried your hands beore you handled it.
    04-16-08 07:11 PM
    What color is the moisture sticker?
    04-16-08 07:17 PM
    its a company phone, verizon sending me a new one in 3 days..ill have to wait that long i suppose, but too bad theres no quick fix..thanks!
    04-16-08 07:34 PM
    yeah sadly there is no quick fix for that. just have to wait the 3 days and get the new one!

atleast they are replacing it for you!
    04-16-08 08:09 PM
    Take the battery out while the bb is on. Leave it out 2 mins or so. Put it back and see if that helps. Have you spilled something in the keyboard?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks for this post, man. You saved my ***. Thought I would have to bring it in for repairs on the company's dime.
    06-03-08 09:46 AM
    You're welcome. I'm glad it helped. Be sure to check out the FAQs and the forum search capability. You can search using Google. Google "site: forums.crackberry.com what i'm looking for" to search the forums with full Google capability.

Welcome to the forums!
    06-03-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD