I am totally new to BB. I have MP3's on my computer that I would like to trsf to my BB MicroSD. I open Desktop Mgr, connect BB, and the device is connected. I then proceed to highlight the MP3's to trsf to my BB. Does well for a while and then I get a message "The Blackberry device closed the connection to the Media Manager" Any ideas as to what is causing this? Is there a filesize limit I need to be aware of?
    05-14-07 04:54 PM
    Have a look at the file it's stopping on, maybe there is an issue with that particular file...
    05-15-07 03:03 AM
    Iam having the same problem. It will let me transfer a specific music file(Mp3 format) but it seems to disconnect in the same fashion mentioned above on random other MP3 files....theres no rhyme or reason to it. This leads me to believe that there may be some error in the way the phone is programmed. Ive checked that the size of the files are well below the individual file limit and that the phone itself has sufficient space. As the previous poster mentioned,it seems to transfer smoothly until a certain point at which time the phone disconnects itself from the media manager and the above mentioned error pops up.
    12-18-07 03:24 PM
    Remember... the space available on the phone itself for mp3s,pics, video & ringtones is limited to 12 meg by default. That can be raised to 15 meg. But you can not use ALL your phone's memory for media. Make sure you are sending these media files to the microSD card not to the main phone memory.
    12-19-07 07:50 AM
    Hi, I'm having the same transfer issues and errors.. does anyone have a solution to the problem? any help would be greatly appreciated...
    11-12-08 11:25 PM
    It seems you can save alot more mp3's on an Micro SD card then the phones internal memory can handle. The problem is that the media player will only load and display as many songs as the internal memory can hold.

Does anyone know of a media manager/player that can be installed as a seperate application that will improve or make this problem go away?

Also the sprint music store will run into the same problem because it trys to "upload" song info whether it was purchased or not.
    02-18-09 07:10 PM
    just use a SDcard reader to do it, then you can transfer
    02-19-09 07:27 PM
    Its not a problem of loading the card, its a problem of the phone loading the card into its RAM and displaying the info thats on the card.

I have an 8GB card full of music and the phone will only display the first few hundred songs it randomly chooses to fit. The majority of my music is not accesible, acting like its not even there.

I need a media app that doesnt use all kinds of fancy graphics and album artwork that will leave more memory for displaying more of the music on the card.
    02-20-09 11:52 AM
    Well it seems that I to have ran into the "randomized" method that my curve picks files to show. DAm, i have some good tunes to listen to!
    02-27-10 11:28 AM
    i think the problem is with the connector....its loose... that's the reason why it disconnects to the media manager..
    03-04-10 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD