I've done a lot of searching on crackberry and google, for trackball help. I have tried just about everything. Over the weekend my 8820 just wouldnt respond. (Keypad wouldnt work, trackball wouldnt work) I would still be able to recieve calls, but not answer them since the keypad didnt work. My alarms would go off, but no way of turning it off besides a battery pull.

I have tried multiple battery pulls
    Disassembled the phones, and checked for water damage (none)
    JLCmder and wiped the phone, and reloaded the OS

I was able to somewhat save the BB. Now the keypad works, and the trackball can scroll left,right and up. BUT not DOWN... (I have tried replacing the trackball, with no luck)

I tried re-loading OS multiple times, downgrading, upgrading etc. Still no luck. I open up the phone, and the copper part under the trackball has a very small scratch on it. Could this be the problem? Can I sand that copper part for a cleaner finish? Ideas?

It is very annoying that I was able to almost save this BB, and it just wont scroll down....

It is also losing battery very fast, it doesnt last a day, and Im not even using it.
    07-26-09 05:14 PM
    anyone????
    07-27-09 10:51 PM
    really? anyone?
    07-28-09 06:56 PM
    I spent a little time searching and asking ?'S, no luck. I hate to say it but it sounds like you may need a replacement. I wouldve done the same steps you have done. On the lighter side, our 8820's are great phones, but gettin old. If I were you I would take this chance to upgrade to a newer model..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD