ok i got a new trackball, I inserted it, but no movement, can only click.
    wtf is happening here, i took it out, did a 180 and re-inserted it. doesnt work still. Whats going on here?
    09-23-09 06:18 PM
    That's odd, does the old one still work? Some just don't work right...
    09-23-09 06:20 PM
    09-23-09 06:21 PM
    That's odd, does the old one still work? Some just don't work right...
    the old one does the same as this one, just clicks in
    09-23-09 06:23 PM
    My BB is the 8830, pretty much the same BB. I really don't want to say it but it might not be you trackball. I hope it is, but maybe one of the contacts is broken or something.....

When was the last time you trackball was functional?
    09-23-09 06:26 PM
    does anyone know what to do?
    09-23-09 06:26 PM
    My BB is the 8830, pretty much the same BB. I really don't want to say it but it might not be you trackball. I hope it is, but maybe one of the contacts is broken or something.....

When was the last time you trackball was functional?
    god i hope not.

about three months ago, i havent used this phone much, i bought it used, it was working perfectly, then all of a sudden it just stops going in directions
    09-23-09 06:30 PM
    Huh, i dunno? I hope it's just a trackball issue but our phones are older and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't.

Goodluck!!!!
    09-23-09 06:34 PM
    I guess im just gonna see if I can get it going.

Thanks
    09-23-09 06:42 PM
    BTW, there if the metal circle piece on the trackball, and it has a metal line. Would i put the line facing up(on phone) or facing down towards the keys
    09-23-09 06:44 PM
    Try this. Turn off your phone and remove the trackball. Get a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Put some on the q-tip and make sure its not drenched in alcohol. Then just gently clean the black sensor with the q-tip and see if that helps.
    09-23-09 10:42 PM
    Try this. Turn off your phone and remove the trackball. Get a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. Put some on the q-tip and make sure its not drenched in alcohol. Then just gently clean the black sensor with the q-tip and see if that helps.
    that sounds like a good idea ill try it, i got nothing to lose exept money for repair.
    09-23-09 11:32 PM
    didn't work im taking it tomorrow for a free diagnostic hopefully not too much to repair
    09-24-09 01:16 AM
    BTW, there if the metal circle piece on the trackball, and it has a metal line. Would i put the line facing up(on phone) or facing down towards the keys
    The metal part faces UP.
    09-24-09 01:39 AM
    Maybe the magnetic rollers went kaput?
    09-24-09 04:09 PM
    Maybe the magnetic rollers went kaput?
    maybe, they tried 3 trackballs at the shop and didnt work.

they charged me 35, but no guarantee if the board will work.
    09-25-09 01:54 AM
    Try getting a completely new housing from cnn.cn.
    09-25-09 12:52 PM
    A new housing would not fix the problem. It has something to do on the trackball sensors which is on the motherboard so a new housing would not do it at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 05:30 PM
    Try getting a completely new housing from cnn.cn.
    lol I will call at noon to the shop to see whats the progress
    09-26-09 02:29 AM
    lol I will call at noon to the shop to see whats the progress
    Any news yet?
    10-05-09 09:33 AM
    my trackball will move fine and click but the click wont register on the handset although occasionally when pressed hard it will but not always, do I need a new trackball and housing and if so is it easy to fix/fit?
    10-17-09 10:32 PM
    my trackball will move fine and click but the click wont register on the handset although occasionally when pressed hard it will but not always, do I need a new trackball and housing and if so is it easy to fix/fit?
    This just sounds like the contact under your trackball might be worn out. This however can be replaced. It's the square copper piece under your trackball sitting on your PCB. Here is the link to that part and the directions to do it on the same page:

BlackBerry OEM trackball dome - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

Just be very careful when taking the old dome switch cover off to only take off the sticker part off.
    10-18-09 01:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD