I have a Blackberry Bold 8800 and I cannot use my trackball to move left or right and top or bottom. It was working OK previously but yesterday all of sudden it has stopped working. Please help.
    07-04-12 11:59 AM
    Wrong Thread, this for 9900 phones
    07-04-12 12:03 PM
    There are threads about this somewhere... but you can pop off the little piece that holds the trackball in. Once you do that, clean the rollers(2 of them) inside real good.

8800 Forum

Curve 8320 Trackball - Won't Scroll Down!

Trackball won't move up or down <--- this one looks like it will help you. Post #2.
    07-04-12 12:18 PM
    Wrong Thread, this for 9900 phones
    Sorry. Natural wear and tear.
    Get one with a trackPAD
    07-04-12 12:36 PM
    Sorry. Natural wear and tear.
    Get one with a trackPAD
    Could be...but it is worth the time to try and clean it.
    07-04-12 01:03 PM
    Could be...but it is worth the time to try and clean it.
    Exactly. Could save yourself a lot of money if that's all it needs. My old 8130 had a trackball issue too, and I cleaned it out and it worked a little better. Granted, there was some wear and tear too, but I got a little more time out of it before I had to replace the ball holder.
    07-04-12 03:01 PM
    Yep that generation of BB's (81xx/83xx/88xx) was so much easier to clean, or even to disassemble altogether.

Cleaning those roller wheels will do the trick. Periodically wiping the trackball with an alcohol wipe will extend that time even further.

* Asking a Mod to move this to 88XX Forum. *
    07-04-12 04:10 PM
    I cleaned the trackball on my 8330 a few times. I appreciate being able to do that. It's easy, good luck!
    07-04-12 04:29 PM
    Yep that generation of BB's (81xx/83xx/88xx) was so much easier to clean, or even to disassemble altogether.

Cleaning those roller wheels will do the trick. Periodically wiping the trackball with an alcohol wipe will extend that time even further.

* Asking a Mod to move this to 88XX Forum. *
    *asking the wrong one*

As many have said, cleaning it should resolve the issue. I always soaked mine in isopropyl alcohol for 30 minutes, using the cap as a basin. Then I worked the ball while still in the alcohol in each direction. Take it out, shake it and let it dry for 5 minutes, then install it back in the phone.

Eventually, no matter what, you will need to replace it. Don't go cheap. For $5 more you'll get one that lasts much longer, and performs better.
    07-04-12 05:02 PM
    *asking the wrong one*

Hahaha! I didn't ask Chrisy... I know she's not a Mod anymore. Just a coincidence she posted right after me!

Besides you know you're my favourite Mod, brother!

Anyway, thanks for moving.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-04-12 05:14 PM
    Hahaha! I didn't ask Chrisy... I know she's not a Mod anymore. Just a coincidence she posted right after me!

Besides you know you're my favourite Mod, brother!

Anyway, thanks for moving.

I didn't check my mail for reports till after I'd found the thread.
    07-04-12 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD