Hey,
    My trackball for navigation works fine but when i want to click on something it doesnt always work.
    The worst thing though is when the phone thinks im clicking it when im not actually doing so, for example, if im in messages it would sometimes think im clicking and then proceed to send multiple blank text messages!

Could this be a problem with the trackball dome and just be a case of replacing it?
    thanks in advance
    John
    09-11-09 07:38 AM
    I could be a problem as simple as replacing or cleaning the trackball (Info here). Search through the forums and you'll find all the instruction needed to remove the trackball and clean it. Once you've done that, if it still doesn't work, I'd take it back to the store or buy a new trackball. They're relatively cheap and pretty easy to replace.

I've found that when my trackball starts doing funky things like sticking or not scrolling, a good quick cleaning takes care of it until the next time
    09-11-09 09:38 PM
    Mine was doing the same thing, from what I figured out the "click" contact can and has gone bad. Eventually it'll become really hard to click so go used to menu then enter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 05:44 AM
    Ive already taken the track ball out and cleaned it, but underneath it theres a gold looking thing and ive read somewhere that by replacing it It could fix my problem.
    I was just wondering if any one else has had the same problem as me and it seems that there are a few who have!
    09-12-09 06:55 AM
    You would need to replace the little sqaure copper piece under the trackball. Its most likely that it is out of place therefore causing the random clicks. You can find the dome switches here :

https://www.gsm4world.us/5-x-blackbe...02915_221.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD