My friend just gave me her old 8830 World edition. I am a boost Mobile customer and would like to switch over my plan to use this new Black Berry - I know not all of the functionality will be there, I am ok with just talk and text. I have seen some posts online alluding to the fact that this is possible, but not any step-by-step instructions on how to do this. Anyone?
    11-14-09 09:00 PM
    You cannot run the 8830 on boost mobile. Some have been able to run the 8350i on boost mobile, but the 8830 will require using sprint for service (assuming it is the sprint 8830).
    11-16-09 08:02 AM
    I just placed my Sprint 8830 on MetroPCS. I have a feeling I can certainly make it work with Boost and am thinking of switching because I believe it will be easier to make everything work correctly and be fast.

codemaker, why do you say it will not work?
    11-16-09 02:09 PM
    I just placed my Sprint 8830 on MetroPCS. I have a feeling I can certainly make it work with Boost and am thinking of switching because I believe it will be easier to make everything work correctly and be fast.

codemaker, why do you say it will not work?
    it wont work because the 8830 is a cdma phone which is why it works from sprint to metro, both cdma. boost uses the iden network thats why he mentiones the 8350i

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 03:37 PM
    Boost has two networks: cdma, which runs off of the Sprint's cdma network and the iden, which runs off the old Nextel network (now owned by Sprint). I have a boost account running off the cdma. Finding info about converting a 8830 BB WE is a legit search.
    12-24-09 03:22 PM
    Boost has two networks: cdma, which runs off of the Sprint's cdma network and the iden, which runs off the old Nextel network (now owned by Sprint). I have a boost account running off the cdma. Finding info about converting a 8830 BB WE is a legit search.
    The iden frequencies are not in the 8830WE phone. It will never be capable of running on that network and there is no amount of phone calls that will make it happen. You can get them to allow it on the CDMA side of the house with Metro PCS. You can even take it overseas and use it on the GSM networks over there, but here in the states it has to be a CDMA network for it to operate.
    12-25-09 08:55 PM
    I am using a 8830 we on boost cdma. I figured it out.
    02-09-10 12:01 PM
    I am using a 8830 we on boost cdma. I figured it out.
    can you tell me how did you do it? currently using 8830 on Sprint but want to switch to boost.

Thanks in advance
    02-10-10 05:48 PM
    i am interested as well.
    I have an old 8830WE that I have lieing around and i am currently using boost.
    I know it will not be super fast but I would like for it to work.
    02-10-10 06:41 PM
    help you guys have my answer

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 04:01 PM
    I want to use my BB 8830 World with Boost mobile. I have a boost account with a droid and it works great. So I have an old BB that I want to use with boost but how do I get it to work? I have no sim card seem to have lost it. So will need a boost sim or ?? I need help to make it work. Thanks
    10-16-11 03:14 AM
    I got 2 sim cards one AT&T the other T Mobile both read as if they were Sprint on my bb 8830? My bb will do the MEPD cmd, so can I just get a kit from boost to make it work?
    I am new at this if anyone knows. Please HELP!!
    10-22-11 12:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD