not to be the voice of dissent, but everyone seems to not include the PIM functionality when rating the BB. Every thread that does mention it, just mentions it being somewhat adequate with a few workarounds with the relatively few today screen options. Like people that have jumped ship to the iphone, those that are very PIM-centric are disappointed. As soon as RIM or 3rd parties step up to the plate in this area, they'll truly be solid in all areas of necessity. I'm still betting on Iambic to come up with Agendus for the BB. Anyone know of anything else on the horizon for contact and scheduling management?
    09-20-07 07:00 PM
    Agreed PIM is weak but I'm able to get by but I know for many it is a huge plus of a 700. It is just a matter of time until this gets corrected. But for a raw phone the BB kicks the 700p.
    09-20-07 07:59 PM
    Edofloat:

You hit the nail right on the head. Though here are a couple of extra things I'd like to add:

Software: PalmOS .. Has much software but of course its a very dated OS.
    I think the BB-World will catch up given that its Java-based.
    09-21-07 11:54 AM
    While the POS is dated, third party software for it is far from it. Do hope BB software catches up. I would hope that happens within the next year as well. I've seen a few screenshots of the linux treo and it looks pretty slick. I'm sure it will have emulation for the current POS as well so people aren't dead in the water with their favorite apps. Should also be EVDO rev A capable as well. Has the makings for a slick device with an OS that should be around and updated for awhile.
    So while the 8800 series is slick, their next generation will have to be just as slick. Funny, as I never even think to include WinMob or Symbian phones in this mix. Probably because the WM treos are really the only comparable devices from a design point of view. I'd still love to see a nice clamshell design again. One can dream as I miss my i500 if any of you remember that short lived wonder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-07 04:14 PM
    Think some of that might be carrier specific. I haven't had any problems with call or signal quality with my 700p except where I know there are tower issues, at least in the philly area. If I had call issues, it was mostly BT related. I will say the speakerphone on the BB is nicer than the treos.
    My problems weren't carrier specific. Verizon is #1 in my area, and I dropped calls ALL the time on my 700w. Switched to a BB 8830 (still Verizon) and I haven't had a problem yet.

Now, perhaps I had a bad 700w, but I was on my 2nd 700w, and they both sucked as a phone.
    09-21-07 06:22 PM
    I had both the Palm 700wx and now I have the world edition. I went throught 7 palms with nothing but issues trust me you can do without the camera it is worth getting the world edition
    09-23-07 12:34 AM
    Left my 755p, palm o/s, not windows, for my 8830. Have not looked back. I was a life-time palm user and do not miss ANY thing about them. BB is reliable, consistent and fast. There is now an Agendus beta available for BB and that will sew up any loose ends for me. I went through four 755's in six months. That was the last straw for me. Choose carefully and choose wisely.
    07-25-08 02:48 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD