Right now I have a Storm and I am thinking about trading someone I know for his 8830 WE.. All I know about it is it is red in color.. I dont know anything about this phone so if you guys could help me out and tell me if its worth it I would greatly appreciate it.. I am tired of the touchscreen.. Figured this one might work better for me.. Thanks
    10-22-09 11:07 PM
    I just had a storm since release and like u the surepress got annoying to me and made way to many mistakes with it. I now have a curve 8330 and having a keyboard is a lot better. I say if u want a normal bb get the 8830 since keyboards r better then touchscreen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 12:02 AM
    Just be aware that the 8830WE is fairly old (2+ years), which will mean that support may go away for it soon. It is also very limited with it's memory. And, no camera (if you care about that).

It is a great phone though, and I would definitely trade away from the Storm's touchscreen for something with buttons.
    10-23-09 08:56 AM
    The 8830 is a solid phone, but as said above, it's at the end of its life. Compared to the Storm, you'll find that the memory on the 8830 is very limited as is the screen resolution.
    10-23-09 09:44 AM
    I had the BB 8703e and for the past year I have been using the BB 8830 and I absolutely love how dependable and solid it is. As other members have mentioned, yes it may be older than the newer BB's, but I'd rather have a BB where all the kinks, or most of them, have been fixed and if you have Verizon Wireless, their BB technical help will always assist you. From my own experience, when Verizon Wireless BB technicians are unable to remedy a problem, they will transfer you, free of charge, directly to Blackberry and they always resolve the issues on new and old devices.

Gia
    10-24-09 04:30 PM
    I had the BB 8703e and for the past year I have been using the BB 8830 and I absolutely love how dependable and solid it is. As other members have mentioned, yes it may be older than the newer BB's, but I'd rather have a BB where all the kinks, or most of them, have been fixed and if you have Verizon Wireless, their BB technical help will always assist you. From my own experience, when Verizon Wireless BB technicians are unable to remedy a problem, they will transfer you, free of charge, directly to Blackberry and they always resolve the issues on new and old devices.

Gia
    Well said.
    10-24-09 08:45 PM
    The 8830 is a solid phone, but as said above, it's at the end of its life. Compared to the Storm, you'll find that the memory on the 8830 is very limited as is the screen resolution.
    I agree with this. After installing some applications, the 8830 can become unstable. If you only intend to use the phone for email, calls and sms, then the 8830 should be fine, but if you plan on installing applications the storm is better. Also the web browsing experience on the storm is better. With OS 5.0 coming out for the storm today, I would take the storm over the 8830, unless I absolutely had to have a keyboard.
    10-25-09 04:13 PM
    I agree with the comments above in that the 8830WE is a great phone. I do like this phone MUCH better then the original Storm (My wife actually has the original Storm and I HATE typing on that screen, not to mention if you need to click something in one of the corners).

Anyway, the only thing I will mention, just so you are aware, that other then the Storm being a newer phone, larger internal memory, it also has better worldwide access if you do any traveling overseas (especially in the Caribbean). The Storm has Quad-band GSM capibilities where the 8830WE is only Dual-band GSM. So, in many places around the world you will NOT be able to get data (e-mail, web,etc...) on the 8830WE.

Hope that helps!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD