I think there might be a flaw with the media player unless there is a setting to stop this but I dont think so.

I added music to my SD card. While I was walking to the train, it would play fine. When I got on the train which is under ground and there is no signal, the song would play and cut out at times, like its a CD skipping. At first I thought it was my headset, but after I got off the train I received a BBM and my setting is to Vib then make a tone. While I was listing I got the BBM and my phone vibrated but when the tone was suppose to make the noise thats when the music cut off then came back on.
    Im thinking while I was underground since I had no signal, the cut in and out was an alert of some type.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
    Also how can I stop this without changing my tone settings?

Oops, sorry, this is my first post, and Ive been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up.
    Great site you guys have here.
    Last edited by nautcasprt6; 03-14-08 at 10:15 AM.
    03-14-08 10:12 AM
    I've noticed that using the media player (or a 3rd party player) that it skips sometimes. Usually this is when it's receiving data. I guess the processor cannot handle the multiple tasks.
    03-14-08 11:30 AM
    3rd party player?
    Which one cause I just downloaded Berrysoft. I hope thats not the one cause its gonna suck then.
    I really hope they fix this problem otherwise I will not use this mp3 player. Its pointless.
    03-14-08 11:42 AM
    Like any other OS if the CPU is process bound ie. trying to get a signal it ignores all other interupts, hense no music. Once signal is confirmed CPU is release and things go back to normal, what ever that was.
    03-14-08 12:32 PM
    When the radio tries to search for network a whole lot (like what's happening underground for you) the Media Player will do that. Yes, it's a bug... with the phone as a whole. Seems that radio searches are very prioritized for CPU usage. One option you have is to turn off the radio when you know you'll be in an area with no signal. This will keep it from skipping, then just turn it back on when you get in an area where there's coverage.
    03-14-08 06:13 PM
    3rd party player - Flipside.

@ JRS - I agree. If I use the media player when in "flight mode", never a skip.
    03-15-08 08:49 PM
    The latest OS update for this phone from Bell seems to have fixed the skipping when the phone blanks the screen. It's possible it's also fixed for when the radio does it constant scanning. Someone should try it.
    03-16-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD