I'm really, really new to the world of Blackberry, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been researching for a few days trying to get Thai language to both display and appear as an input language. So far I've gotten it to display, but cannot seems to do that latter. I'm not even sure if it's possible with my version of the BB, but I would really like to make it happen. Any suggestions? (If it's not possible, please crush my dreams now so that I don't keep working toward this fruitlessly. :] )
    07-19-09 08:02 AM
    Khun Sommee,

I've been searching for the same thing. I just found another thread (sorry, my post count is not enough to post link)
    and found "Jackbox" has solution for just making BB "read" thai.

I wish there are solution for Thai input but making it reads thai is good enough for now. Please PM "Jackbox" on how to make yours read Thai.

Thanks
    Ake

p.s. My BB is Sprint/Nextel 8350i

I'm really, really new to the world of Blackberry, so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I've been researching for a few days trying to get Thai language to both display and appear as an input language. So far I've gotten it to display, but cannot seems to do that latter. I'm not even sure if it's possible with my version of the BB, but I would really like to make it happen. Any suggestions? (If it's not possible, please crush my dreams now so that I don't keep working toward this fruitlessly. :] )
    08-25-09 02:20 AM
    How are you even getting it to display? The char set on my BB browser has Thai encoding (TIS-620) but even when I change to this setting, those mini-boxes still show up on the browser display. (the other Thai character set ISO-8859-11 doesn't exist in my char set selection)

Just got off the phone with a Verizon tech and it doesn't look like they have a solution for Thai character display on the curve in the US anytime soon. The curve I'm using runs on Handheld/Device software v4.5 All I've found on other forums requires BB multi-language or eastasia language pack software for the 8900 curve for other countries- like france and germany...typically 4.6.x So basically if I download it anyway it it's a gamble. Has anyone tried downloading a higher version of device sw than that which is supported by your carrier?
    09-01-09 10:29 PM
    Found a FREE (and relatively easy, because I was able to do it) answer from jtdev on another thread. I have the 8330 curve with verizon and I downloaded the files from v4.6 EastAsia pack for the 8900 curve from blackberry.com. Or you can find this thread and download the zip file with the th.cod files.

Ok, after searching all over the world for help on this, I finally figured out(by myself) how to make my Blackberry 9530 (storm)(from Verizon) read and write in the Thai Language... (my wife now loves me )

First you need the .COD files listed below:

net_rim_bb_elt_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_pim_res__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_ldap_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_options_thai.cod
    net_rim_platform_im_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_vad_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_passwordkeeper_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_diagnostic_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__th.cod
    net_rim_tid_thai.cod
    net_rim_wlan_runtiime_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_th.cod
    net_rim_secureemail_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_crypto_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_runtime_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_wlan_bb_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_platform_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_font_thai.cod
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__th.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_thai_break_iter.cod
    net_rim_bb_resource__th.cod

All these files were found in the multilanguage pack (EastAsia) I was able to find them easly in the 8900jEastAsia_PBr4.6.1_rel378_PL4.2.0.113_A4.6.1.2 50.exe - Just do a search for it and you'll find where to download it and install it. Once installed, you will have to go to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8900-v4.6.1.250_P4.2.0.113\Java folder and copy them to a different folder for future use here.

Now how to get these files on your phone:

I found an app (Blackberry Master Control Program 0.9.2.0 Beta 8) again do a search for it and you'll find where you can freely download and install it.

Once all the above is done, Plug your phone in.

1) Start the Blackberry Master Control Program (MCP).
    2) Select Java Loader from left side of MCP.
    3) You will see a button on the MCP(right side of screen) called COD/JAD - click it.
    4) Locate the files you saved and select all of them.
    5) In the MCP click on the Load button.
    6) Files get loaded on your phone and phone reboots (takes time for the reboot - Relax and wait)

Once phone is rebooted try your browser on a Thai webpage.

If you want Thai as your input language, you can select it under Options/Languages in your phone.

I really hope this works as easy for you as it did for me.

I've attached all the Thai files listed above so you don't have to search for them. Also a screen shot of the MCP program so you know what I'm talking about.
    09-03-09 07:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD