Quick question;

After the series premier of 24 tonight, there was a little snippet about how you can text the word JACK to 6789 on Sprint, and get addtl info, etc...

Every now and then there are commercials for this sort of thing. Text "this" to "8888" on your providers phone, and get whatever. I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about...

Anyone ever do this on the 8830? I've done this a few times in the past (only to the freebies, never to those pay per use services) and never seem to get a response.

Any insight on this?

-Michael

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 09:40 PM
    Aha, you know what? I'm assuming Sprint would consider these kind of numbers as MMS's ? Thatd be the only explination as to why I am not getting a response...but I don't know...just thought of that though...

01-11-09 09:41 PM
    I have a messages coming from CNN that I requested with no issues on the verizon network. It is a simple text message.
    01-11-09 10:05 PM
    Hmmm...odd. I never seem to get any response or acknowledgement when txting these "short numbers" (is there a name for this kind of thing) for some reason.

Can you try txting JACK to 6789 on your 8830, and see if you get a response. Just out of curiosity....

Let me know what happens!

Anyone else have insight on this?

01-12-09 09:36 AM
    Hmmm...odd. I never seem to get any response or acknowledgement when txting these "short numbers" (is there a name for this kind of thing) for some reason.

Can you try txting JACK to 6789 on your 8830, and see if you get a response. Just out of curiosity....

Let me know what happens!

Anyone else have insight on this?

The text went out with no problems. I don't know that I should have gotten any response or not though.
    01-12-09 11:01 AM
    Yeah, you should have received a response...I never received one either. I can send these kind of messages, but I never seem to get the response from them. Weird

01-12-09 01:58 PM
    I dunno really. I don't watch that much tv and don't participate in any of the text this to win this stuff.

01-12-09 04:03 PM
    If Premium Texting is blocked on either of your accounts, you more than likely may not receive a response. This happened with my wife and her Curve, trying to text a 5 digit number. Never got a response. Called VZW. Found out that it was Premium Texting, and was blocked.
    01-12-09 05:55 PM
    I tried the same short address message for "24", but got an error response (twice). I've checked the screen on TV (I saved it on TiVo), but it doesn't specify that it's for Sprint users only. I'm an ATT user, but still no luck.

M
    01-19-10 04:12 AM
    I tried the same short address message for "24", but got an error response (twice). I've checked the screen on TV (I saved it on TiVo), but it doesn't specify that it's for Sprint users only. I'm an ATT user, but still no luck.

M
    I was sure I heard them say "from your Sprint mobile phone." Hrmm.
    01-19-10 10:15 AM
    I tried it and something about 24 on sprint tv. Responded back fairly quick.

01-23-10 03:40 PM
    Response:

"JACK: Classified 24 scenes available at the following Sprint TV coordinates: select the Fox channel then the 24 folder. Only from Sprint. 24 Mondays 9/8 on Fox."
    03-22-10 09:05 PM
    Call sprint and ask them about short code text messages
    i had the same problem
    03-23-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD