I use to have an 8800, and upgraded to an 8820. On my old device I use to send and receive texts and it kept them under that persons name ex "kort". Kind of like an IM conversation. When I went to the MAIN text message screen I would click on a person that I text and it will show every single text back, and forth. Kind of hard to explain. Now on my new BB it shows the following similar to the first example. Like everytime I send, or receive a text there names follows after each send/receive. Its annoying, and I'm trying to get similar to my second example. I'm sure this is confusing, but someone out there should know what I'm talking about. Please help!

currently have this ;

Kortney: shows what she text
    me: confirms that I send it.
    Kort:
    me:
    Jarred:
    Wade:
    Tony:
    Wade:
    Jarred.

I want this:

kort; every message would be under this person subsection
    Lewis; same thing. I want to see all the text from this person and I send/receive under his name
    Last edited by txtechkid87; 09-16-08 at 02:38 PM.
    09-16-08 02:36 PM
    I am not sure this will assist you or not. Your profile says your device is an 8830 and you mention in the thread you have an 8820, so they may be different in regards to settings. I know in BB Messenger you can add contacts and select the contact which will show the ongoing conversation, but I am not sure you can sort in SMS. You may need a third party application to achieve what you are trying to do. Another member may have more insight than I.
    09-17-08 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD