02-22-11 12:43 AM
29 12
tools
    If I use the App "Tether" with verizon will I still need a tethering plan?
    09-23-10 10:25 AM
    Okay, guys. Love the forum. Tons of good information and I'm hoping someone here will have an answer for me.

I have the BB 8830 WE with voice and unlimited data service through Verizon. I have just now attempted to use the BB as a tethered modem for my laptop but everytime I attempt to connect through the VZ Access Manager, I get an error that says "Access was denied because the username and/or password was invalid on the domain". I was never asked for a username and/or password, so I was confused.

Well, I e-mailed the Verizon helpdesk for help. They said that I had to pay $15/month to use the phone as a tethered modem for my laptop. Is this true? Is this yet another feature that Verizon used as a marketing lure only to come back and tell you after you're hooked that you have to pay more money to access it (i.e., GPS)? I am extremely frustrated and don't want to pay any more/month to Verizon as I already am paying approx. $130/month. Anyone else have this experience? Is my only solution to pay the $15/month more?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-02-10 10:51 PM
    I have it, it's slow as hell. If I'm lucky, I get 150kbps.
    I have the perfect fix for the disgusting charge of $30 Verizon charges. Go to PDA.NET works like a charm, and simple to install......best of all its free.....free......free......free......

10-02-10 10:54 PM
    So even though I downloaded the tether software, and I have verizon as my carrier, I still have to pay $15.00 p/m to use the Tether?
    I have not used it yet and have since upgraded my blackberry to the BB Bold.
    02-22-11 12:43 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD