Ok, I have a lot of dust under my screen, and I think I am going to take apart my phone to clean it. Do any of you have detailed instructions on how to take apart the phone and get to the screen? I have a link for a You Tube Video, but instructions would be great. Also, if you have other ways to remove the dust please tell me. Thank you!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 06:01 PM
    i would just make note by doing this you INSTANTLY void the mfg warranty. they can see if you have done it pretty easily and usually once you open it, your only going to lead to more dust getting in regularly.

i would not recommend it.
    03-17-08 06:24 PM
    heres a video

03-17-08 06:33 PM
    Now I don't want to after you mentioned the warranty. I can barely read the screen though.

03-17-08 06:44 PM
    i would call verizon then, since you said it was a replacement, see what they will do for you.
    03-17-08 06:49 PM
    I would have to go through my parents first. And then they would tell me to deal with it. Which, I guess I will have to do.

03-17-08 06:51 PM
    ask your parents to add you to the account so you can do it yourself!

thats what i did!
    03-17-08 06:54 PM
    I am 15, and if that is evev allowed, they would make me pay!! They are incredibly generous in the beginining paying for a Blackberry.

03-17-08 06:56 PM
    yeah thats true....15 rocking a berry, pretty sweet, and why would you have to pay?
    03-17-08 07:02 PM
    Ok, maybe I am misunderstanding, what do you mean by my own account?

03-17-08 07:03 PM
    no no no, not your own account, they can add you to the account as an authorized user, so you can call tech support and they will speak to you instead of your parents and such.

makes it easier to fix problems with your phone, and you dont have to go through your parents!
    03-17-08 07:07 PM
    I already have that, or if I don't the tech guys are nice to me. The only thing is when my new berry appears...

03-17-08 07:09 PM
    well if it is of no cost to them i doubt they should actually care about it. if they are paying the premium for the bill and data plan, im sure they would want the phone to work for you, try that approach with it!
    03-17-08 07:10 PM
    I'm 14 and rocking a Berry! My folks never seem to be around when I need T-Mo support so I had to get put on the account.

03-17-08 07:11 PM
    One reason I think this might be happening is this is a replacement from Asurion. Do you think it could be a refurb? And again w/my parents, this is my 3rd 8830. I will have to wait until something major happens. I really want a Pearl though. So maybe I should start saving too.

03-17-08 07:13 PM
    03-17-08 07:15 PM
    yeah it could be because all Asurion models are refurbs, try contacting them they honor a 90 day warranty on their stuff.
    03-17-08 07:15 PM
    I have a feeling that I am not going to take this apart becaise it will void the warranty. If something really bad happens I will be screwed.

03-17-08 07:16 PM
    verrrry smarttt
    03-17-08 07:26 PM
    As long as you are careful and have the right tools the 8300 isn't difficult to take apart.
    03-18-08 10:49 AM
    I have an 8830. I will have to deal with the dust, I don't want to risk my warranty.

03-18-08 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD