Small business issue. We use BB Internet Service (not BES) now (ATT). All have 8800s. We want our office admin to manage our calendars (even before we move to Exchange and BES). This was thought....

Have her create multiple Outlook Calendars (one for each of us), and by connecting our BBs to her PC, and syncing each with its own Outlook Calendar, she would have our Calendars, be able to add new appointments, and once-twice a day, by re-syncing with physical device, "push" those meetings to our BB, and then (back at our own desks), into our own Outlook calendar.

Is this possible? Any tips?

Second question....Desktop Manager does not allow "over-LAN" syncing of BB to Outlook, correct (old Intellisync did with Pilots, I know I am dating myself).

Thanks....Jon
    08-29-07 10:27 AM
    Sorry, no can do! BlackBerry can only sync with one calendar in a profile at a time.

If she had MULTIPLE profiles setup in Outlook, i.e. one profile per user, then when synching, she could choose the profile she wants to sync with...

When setup correctly, and Desktop Manager is ran, it will ask, what profile do you want to use (if it sees that there are multiple profiles)...

But, not the best solution...

Second question, I don't think you finished. But, bottom line is no, you can't sync via the LAN.
    08-29-07 09:56 PM
    Why not have each person 'share' their outlook calendar with the admin, giving her full rights to view, add, edit, delete, etc directly on your calendar. Then you sync your BB with your own Outlook at your PC, which will update everything, regardless of who "created" it.

Just a thought.........
    08-30-07 05:29 AM
    Brilliant idea, DubyaEl...
    08-30-07 06:34 AM
    Thanks, Navi!!!! (It's what we do where I work)

Can I frame that compliment??
    08-30-07 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD