OK, so I had to wipe my BB clean and reinstall. That went off without a hitch.

But,

Now every day when I plug in my BB to sync at work, I get a pop-up window asking me to enter a new password (twice).

I just cancel out of it and the sync continues normally, but how do I get the pop-up to stop popping...up?

I've searched through the forum and found posts about wrong passwords/forgotten passwords/blank/number/letter passwords...

FYI, I don't have a password set on the BB (and I don't want one) and I don't have a password set on the computer. I want everything to live in one big password free world.

So why is sync manager trying to get me to set a password?

tdg
    12-21-07 03:48 PM
    Desktop manager should only ask for a password if there's a password on the device....next time is happens, take special note of the wording...does it say "device password" or "keystore password"?
    12-21-07 04:42 PM
    I get a pop-up as well.

When I plug my USB cable into my computer and then my blackberry, then pull up the desktop manager on my laptop, this is the eroor message that I get:

Device Password Required

Device: USB-PIN: 2419E677
    Please enter your device password (1/5).

If I put in my regular password it doesn't work. If I cancel it lets me into the Desktop manager but it won't connect my BB.

I can get into the Media Manager but again it asks for my password. When I put it in it doesn't work.

Could my employer have a separate password to allow access to he USB?

If so, how do I get around this????
    01-01-08 03:38 PM
    Is your BlackBerry BES connected?
    If your BES connected your employeer may have a requirement that you have a password. Did you redo an Enterprise Activation after wiping it?
    01-01-08 04:05 PM
    Nope, has nothing to do with BES. We're not using it.

Still happening though. Every time I plug in my BB at work it asks for me to select a new password (and confirm). I red X out and sync continues.

This does NOT happen when I plug it in at home!

tdg
    01-10-08 03:12 PM
    I'm with chucky on this one. Sounds like the version of DM on that PC got installed with the certificate manager (or whatever they called it). Have you tried uninstalling DM and reinstalling, making sure to not select the cert/keystore manager?
    01-10-08 08:21 PM
    I installed the desktop app with the "manage my certifcates" option.

Everytime I synced with my BB, the desktop app asked for my password.

When I upgraded to the newer OS and destop manager a few days later, I let the install go without checking the "install certificate manager" option (it defaults to not install).

Without the Cert Manager, the desktop app no longer asks for my password when syncing to the BB.

Hope this helps.
    01-11-08 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD