What Software Do I Need To Install , To Sync My 8830 With My Mac Book

Thank You
    02-18-08 08:22 AM
    Pulled this from the Blackberry support website, sorry can't post a link w/o at least 10 posts.

Environment
    BlackBerry Device Software
    Apple Mac OS
    PocketMac 4.0 for BlackBerry smartphones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details
    BlackBerry Device Software cannot be installed from a Mac OS computer. You must install BlackBerry Device Software from a Microsoft Windows computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional Information
    PocketMac for BlackBerry smartphones can be used to install third-party applications on the BlackBerry smartphone. For instructions, see PocketMac for BlackBerry 4.0 User Manual.
    02-18-08 08:28 AM
    There are two programs that I know of. One is missing Sync. I tried it and could never get it to work right. The other is pocketmac. I just got pocketmac and I'm having a couple issues but it works better than missing sync and its free. Hope this helps.

20s Business Central
    02-18-08 02:00 PM
    It depends what software you're using. From what I've read, Missing Sync is better if your using OS 10.4+...if you're using 10.3+, then PocketMac will work better. I use PocketSync and it works decently.

There's a rumored post somewhere around here stating BB is working on making a Desktop for Mac!! *keeping fingers crossed*
    02-18-08 02:33 PM
    so im getting a mac here in a few weeks am i not going to be able to sync my 8830 to it?
    02-18-08 10:43 PM
    You will be able to sync it if you purchase Missing Sync.
    02-18-08 11:07 PM
    i personally use Google Sync services to sync my calendar with Google Calendars... i only use missing sync for BB for syncing my address book and note pad.

i then use spanning sync to get my ical and google calendar to sync... this way my google calendar is the most up to date it can be without it be necessary to plug in.
    02-19-08 05:26 AM
    What Software Do I Need To Install , To Sync My 8830 With My Mac Book

Thank You
    so im getting a mac here in a few weeks am i not going to be able to sync my 8830 to it?
    Take a look in the Mac Users forum below. There are many threads on what you are asking along with links to the different software.
    Mac Users - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    02-19-08 05:49 AM
    awesome thanks alot
    02-19-08 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD