Does anyone know how to Sync a MSN premium hotmail account with the Blackberry 8830? I have Outlook 2007, and I was thinking that the desktop software would sync the data in the contacts and calendar sections to my device. After contacting Microsoft, they explained to me that the information under the contacts and calendar is kept on the MSN server, not locally on my computer, which is why the desktop software wont recognize the data and sync it. I called Blackberry support, they wanted to charge me money just to help, but couldnt guarantee they could help solve my problem. I called Verizon and their support staff was clueless. Anyone have any ideas?
    06-04-07 06:43 PM
    What Microsoft said is correct. Just 'export' the Contacts, Calendar, and Task items from Hotmail, and import into Outlook 2007...

Once done, install and run Desktop Manager, connect your BlackBerry, and sync to your hearts content. But, from here on out, enter Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks into Outlook so you can sync...
    06-04-07 08:19 PM
    How do you export contacts from hotmail (free account) to outlook 2003?
    06-06-07 10:46 AM
    Log into Hotmail, go to Contacts \ Options \ Export! Then in Outlook go to Contacts \ File Import \ Import from another program or file \ choose 'comma serated values (windows)'

Hotmail should save the file as a csv file (I've tested it...)
    06-06-07 10:55 AM
    Is this only for the premium hotmail accounts? I only have an import option with the free account.
    06-07-07 10:46 PM
    Try using an add-on called "Outlook Connector." It is provided by Microsoft
    Last edited by navilyn; 06-08-07 at 04:37 AM. Reason: ...added link.
    06-08-07 12:11 AM
    He/She would need to upgrade the Hotmail account to Windows Live. Doing this would allow her/him tp see the import/export feature, in addition to using the Microsoft Outlook Connector.

And yes, the 'upgrade' from Hotmail to Windows Live is free...
    06-08-07 04:38 AM
    Now if I have my contacts and calander on my computer, will Outlook post the changes I make to the MSN server so I can see them when loged into the web-mail server?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-07 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD