is this possible? if so please explain how...I have found some info but i dont understand it as of yet...cheers
    07-17-07 03:25 PM
    you will need the msn premium email which is like $25/yr i think.
    07-17-07 03:27 PM
    I'm getting my hotmail pushed to my blackberry for free using BIS but it doesn't sync per say...in other words if I delete a hotmail e-mail on my blackberry it doesn't delete it from my hotmail inbox on my desktop. I hope that helps!
    07-18-07 07:03 AM
    it doesn't push nor sync for me.
    07-18-07 07:19 AM
    If your Hotmail account was created before 2000, then it does not have to be the premium service (Hotmail Plus).
    07-18-07 07:22 AM
    that sucks becuase i think i setup my hotmail account in 2000. thanks for the help navily
    07-18-07 08:14 AM
    i guess i used the wrong term...i would simply like to forward and recieve the emails on my device not sync the two...
    07-18-07 02:15 PM
    Smmoledi, if your Hotmail account WAS NOT created before 2000, you will not be able to add it to BIS, and thus get emails on your BlackBerry!

But, if it was created BEFORE 2000 OR, if you have the plus service (Hotmail Plus), you can add it to BIS...

Clear as mud?

Anyway, get a real email account; GMail. Plus, it delivers email to the BlackBerry, INSTANTLY! Almost like you're on BES...
    07-18-07 02:17 PM
    this is true, gmail is the way to go. i have about 5 email address and the one that I used the most by far is gmail.
    07-18-07 04:01 PM
    how can you find out if your hotmail account was created before 2000?
    07-18-07 04:23 PM
    This is a bit tricky. I messed with it for a while last night.

You want to go to the Account Summary page.

If using Windows Live Hotmail, click on your email address at the top right, select View Your Account from the drop down. Lastly look at the top of the page it says Registered since:
    09-11-07 08:37 PM
    I've had hotmail since '98. I successfully sync'd my hotmail to my bb. If I send, forward, delete, etc on my bb, the action is mirrored on my hotmail acct (when logged in at a computer). The problem I am encountering is if I delete an email from w/in hotmail (on a computer), it is not deleting the email on the bb. The same goes for my contacts in hotmail, it is not sync'd on the bb. Any help?
    09-04-08 09:48 AM
    Smmoledi, if your Hotmail account WAS NOT created before 2000, you will not be able to add it to BIS, and thus get emails on your BlackBerry!

But, if it was created BEFORE 2000 OR, if you have the plus service (Hotmail Plus), you can add it to BIS...

Clear as mud?

Anyway, get a real email account; GMail. Plus, it delivers email to the BlackBerry, INSTANTLY! Almost like you're on BES...
    My hotmail was created in 03 and I do not pay for a plus service and I still receive everything from it. When I delete something on my BB it shows up as in the trash on my computer. Maybe somehow I'm just cool like that.
    09-04-08 11:15 AM
    Just to let you guys know, you account DOES NOT have to be created before 2000 to get email "synced". I just created my account last year, and when I delete on BB, it deletes on hotmail. Also, when an email is read on my BB, its read on my hotmail account. I have the free one that you sign up for @hotmail.com.
    09-04-08 01:15 PM
    jfklimax is correct. My account was created in 2004 and i have no problems receiving email to my blackberry. It does all the correct things except for if it is read on desktop it does not show read on berry, or gets deleted on berry, but if i read or delete on the berry it is deleted on hotmail(desktop computer). The reconcile feature does not work either.
    09-04-08 06:34 PM
    Phatt, you are correct also. If its done from berry, its also done on desktop.
    09-05-08 10:41 AM
    ok, this is clear as mud. If I can export my contacts from hotmail, to csv, is there a way to import them into my BB? If has to be easier than all that other mess ya'll are conflustering me with
    11-04-08 09:22 PM
    ok, this is clear as mud. If I can export my contacts from hotmail, to csv, is there a way to import them into my BB? If has to be easier than all that other mess ya'll are conflustering me with
    What everyone is referring too is email syncing, as far as I know there is no way of contact sync from hotmail or any other email provider to the phone. You can sync contacts with hotmail and outlook and outlook with the bb though. Again not sure how, because I don't use outlook, but i do know it is possible.
    11-04-08 10:39 PM
    Also if your on vista, you don't have outlook and i'm not sure how well windows mail work with desktop manager
    11-04-08 10:47 PM
    how do you sync hotmail to blackberry?
    05-22-09 11:06 AM
    Mine was syncing just fine both ways until I installed facebook. Afterwards I quit getting any mail to my hotmail account on my blackberry. I uninstalled facebook but still had to delete and readd the hotmail email account settings on my bb. I can receive and send the emails from my bb now but it won't sync with my main hotmail account. i am so frustrated. it worked at one time!!!!
    06-18-09 12:08 PM
    Ok from what i read it seems like it is possible to synch my blackberry with my hotmail account. Can somebody please tell me how?
    11-20-09 03:36 PM
    I'm in the same place. What's done on my blackberry transfers to my hotmail account, but what's done on my hotmail account does not transfer to my blackberry. I can use reconcile now for yahoo, but not hotmail. I talked to Verizon and they said it had something to do with the settings on my hotmail account. I have no idea where to start looking in my account settings for what could be wrong!!! Why does this have to be so difficult?!?!?!?!?!?
    01-31-10 03:05 PM
    *bump*

I get hotmails to my bb, but when I open the email in my bb, it should be marked as read in hotmail...but it isnt. anyone know why?
    02-23-10 03:42 PM
    *bump*

I get hotmails to my bb, but when I open the email in my bb, it should be marked as read in hotmail...but it isnt. anyone know why?

Pretty much the same as the last two posters, all working wonderfully except if deleted (or read) on PC this isn't mirrored on the BB.

I've looked at the hotmail settings and there doesn't seem to be anything useful there.
    Last edited by FatBoyFonz; 04-24-10 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Re-wording
    04-24-10 05:48 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD