Hey im a original at&t pearl owner for about five months now (after switching from verizon) and i love it although i wish i would of got the curve... anyways my brother and i have a joined plan and were looking for the best prices with the best PDA phones and sprint just came out with a 99$ unlimited everything plan per phone so were switching to sprint... i checked out the phones and it seems that the 8830 is the most compatible for me (and i need my crackberry) so i came to this thread to hear form the owners of the phone the good and bad before i buy it...
    thanks for all your help this is the best forum site ever.
    03-24-08 11:51 AM
    Are you talking about the 8820 since your on AT&T? If so, then the 8820 is great. I also switched from the Pearl to the 8820last Sept. For all the time I spent on my BB, the screen was just too small and I was not a fan of suretype.
    03-24-08 12:11 PM
    no im switching to sprint and i get to pick a new phone
    03-24-08 10:21 PM
    All three phone companies now have the Unlimited Plan, it was first offered by Verizon and followed by AT&T with Sprint bringing up the rear. Before jumping onto the Sprint bandwagon, please do yourself a favor and take a long hard look at Sprint before jumping head first. Just my $0.02 worth.
    03-24-08 11:17 PM
    I can't put my 8830 down the only thing I can think of that is the biggest issue is the extremely low ringtone sound, I don't have this issue (knock on wood). I only have one issue with mine and that is memory leakage but it's nothing a battery pull once a week doesn't correct.

Skim through these threads, I can't remember any others at this moment.
    03-24-08 11:20 PM
    ok ok good info so far but whats so bad about sprint and i heard the verizon one the gps is disabled...
    03-24-08 11:45 PM
    Wait for the Curve to some out. Just around the corner.
    03-25-08 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD