Thanks Mr. Hijacker, can we have control of the plane back now?
    One would think to post in the 2389748923 other posts about this topic and add the same info that everyone else has added god knows how many times instead of this one huh? BTW JRS, did you know you can amplify a mp3 blah blah blah blah...... lol Oh and you don't need OS 4.5 <-smartass comment on my behalf <end hijack>

Anyways JRS, i haven't had a chance to keep up with this thread as i would have liked, but did you ever figure out what was triggering this? I know it was something with playing the video without sound, but anything else come into play? I skimmed this kinda quickly, but didn't catch anything...

Oh and by the way, just to emphasize alittle more how loud this is, before, i could barely hear it in my semi truck, now it blares over my speakers and the engine/road noise... lol Scares the **** outta my co-driver when he's sleeping sometimes..

I downgraded back to 4.2, but was missing the loud ringer so I jumped back to 4.5
    08-09-08 05:25 AM
    JRS,

Dude! This is CRAZY loud -- and I love it!

As a complete BlackBerry noob (3 days with my 8830WE), you just resolved my biggest dissappointment. Now, even my Orbitz notifier ringtone pierces through my car stereo!

(And, by the way...between free ringtones, excellent FAQ, and OS upgrade instructions, CrackBerry rocks!)
    08-11-08 08:40 AM
    This STILL works on 8830 4.5.60! Amazing!
    08-12-08 03:39 AM
    It works but muted other sounds, key clicks, etc. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Is 4..5.60 for CDMA out?
    08-12-08 09:13 AM
    It works but muted other sounds, key clicks, etc. Is this what it is supposed to do?
    Did you read the post with all the instructions/disclaimers in it? Says it disables the trackball tick. Also, don't ask about OS releases in this thread please.
    08-12-08 09:18 AM
    Yes I did read it but I am not talking about trackball tick but all the
    other key sounds.
    08-12-08 09:22 AM
    Yes I did read it but I am not talking about trackball tick but all the
    other key sounds.
    It's the same thing...
    08-12-08 09:25 AM
    Ok, so I upgraded my 8830 to 4.5.0.51 and noticed the quiet ringer.

I found this fabulous link and followed the instructions and wala (sp?) it worked perfectly.

I have had to do a batter pull a few times for stupid things and when I run the video again after the battery pull, it no longer makes my volume louder.

Any suggestions?
    08-13-08 04:44 PM
    I have had to do a batter pull a few times for stupid things and when I run the video again after the battery pull, it no longer makes my volume louder.

Any suggestions?
    You're not doing something right. Play the video again.
    08-13-08 07:55 PM
    i know i cant stand the low volume! it just doesnt make sense
    08-14-08 03:04 AM
    You're not doing something right. Play the video again.

I have done it numerous times and will do it again.

I know I am doing it right, becuase it worked the first time.

I am just wondering if in playing with the new OS, I changed something somewhere else that impacted it.

I will let everyone know what I find.
    08-14-08 06:21 AM
    I have done it numerous times and will do it again.

I know I am doing it right, becuase it worked the first time.

I am just wondering if in playing with the new OS, I changed something somewhere else that impacted it.

I will let everyone know what I find.
    Are you playing the video completely through? i'm running the same OS as you and have never had a problem getting it back... maybe you're ending the video before it actually ends? other than that, i don't see what it could be...
    08-14-08 06:38 AM
    Are you playing the video completely through? i'm running the same OS as you and have never had a problem getting it back... maybe you're ending the video before it actually ends? other than that, i don't see what it could be...
    Yes, I let it go until it is done and goes back to the beginning.

It was working until I was using my phone and couldn't get it off of speaker. When I finally ended the call, the phone reset and I havne't been able to get it back.

I also plyed with the enhanced audio settings under phone options becuase people on the other end told me the phone didn't sound as clear as before the new OS.

I will keep trying things.
    08-14-08 06:43 AM
    Disabled Enhanced Audio, do a fresh battery pull, and then play then follow the instructions to the T.
    08-14-08 10:20 AM
    Disabled Enhanced Audio, do a fresh battery pull, and then play then follow the instructions to the T.
    I did everything you suggested and followed the instructions to a T.

Still didn't do it. I am going to revert bck to the previosu OS, reload .51 again and see if that solves it.

I have had a few other goofy issues that others haven't seem to have so it could be something with my phone.
    08-14-08 11:55 AM
    Reverted my OS back to 4.2, then installed 4.5.0.51 again.

Still doesn't work and I swear I am doing everything right. The goofy thing is that I could get HTML e-mail before and I still can, but now the HTML option shows up in my e-mail when it didn't before.

Also now some of my e-mail from the BES can't be read becuase it thinks they are an unsupported file type.

So my install is still doing something different than the first one.

The crappy part is that it worked at one point and after a reset it was lost.

Oh well, I will continue to play and share my results.
    08-14-08 04:01 PM
    Ok, so it is working now.

I decided to remove the video file and add it back.

This time I just moved the video to the SD card instead of going through Media Manager and letting it convert the video for me. That is what I did the first time when it worked, but the 2nd time I did it differently.

I hope this one stays working now.
    08-15-08 04:58 PM
    This time I just moved the video to the SD card instead of going through Media Manager and letting it convert the video for me.
    That defeats the purpose of the video!!! Don't convert it!
    08-15-08 09:23 PM
    Yep, that was my stupidity and miss from the original instructions.
    08-16-08 06:16 AM
    Nice work JRSCCivic98. Worked exactly as described. My phone drowns out the others now! Loud and rude!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 09:35 PM
    Mine too!
    08-20-08 10:19 AM
    This is truly one of the most hilarious threads I've ever read. I simply have to try this. I gonna install this on my Treo 700WX and if it doesnt work I'm cursing out JR in seven different languages. PS - I refuse to read directions too.
    08-20-08 11:09 AM
    This is truly one of the most hilarious threads I've ever read. I simply have to try this. I gonna install this on my Treo 700WX and if it doesnt work I'm cursing out JR in seven different languages. PS - I refuse to read directions too.
    LOL, yeah, I mean how much simpler can I make this? I'm amazed at how many people can frack up something as simple as "Watch video, problem patched." I'm thinking of drawing some pictures to illustrate what to do.
    08-20-08 12:44 PM
    OMG THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Just got 4.5.51 and this is the answer to my prayers. I've taken my phone to verizon many many times because I've never been able to hear my phone ring or vibrate and this helps sooo much!
    08-20-08 02:17 PM
    JRSCCivic is a loser. This thing doesnt work on my Treo!! Rats. Sorry the ringer was off. It works perfectly now.

BTW - you pimped by BlackBerry. IT WORKS SWEET. Now I have Mission Impossible in full effect. Thanks!!
    08-20-08 06:18 PM
305 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD