i reloaded the video
    and went at it agian and bingo
    mucho decibalies

thanks

e
    07-16-08 08:55 PM
    No problemo. Now go shatter some windows.
    07-16-08 08:58 PM
    JRSCCivic98, All I have to say is....You're the man!! My ringer just shook the room!
    07-21-08 10:06 AM
    Just wanted to report that this works as detailed in the first post - am using a 8830 on vzw running 4.5.051.

The video scared the **** out of me because the skull remained on the screen when I escaped my way back to the home screen (probably a low memory state for me, even though I did a battery pull before this), but then I just got an email and nearly dropped the 8830!!!! I have the sonar ping as an alert and man, is that thing now blaring!!!!

Thank you again!
    07-21-08 10:08 AM
    HOLY **** THIS THING IS LOUD NOW!

i guess i can do back and edit all my mp3's back down to normal...
    07-21-08 02:11 PM
    You think we should submit this info to RIM???
    07-21-08 02:19 PM
    **** no they might fix it on thr next update and we will all be screwed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 03:15 PM
    No!!! This ringer fix works because of an issue with the Media Player. The first person to report this will be the one to blame when it stops working. Be thankful there's availability for this as it is. It's still yet to be determined if it will continue to work in the final releases.
    07-21-08 04:51 PM
    Please forgive me if this question has been answered somewhere in this post, I havent read everything. I played the video and fixed the ringer volume. Now my trackball sound is gone. I can do a battery pull and the trackball sound comes back but as soon as I play the video to fix the ringer volume its gone again. Any suggestions? It's really not a big deal but just curious.
    07-22-08 07:49 AM
    ^^^ Unfortunatly, one of the drawbacks to this. Made change to the writeup to indicate this.
    07-22-08 10:02 AM
    Thanks! Id rather have the loud ringer.
    07-22-08 10:14 AM
    Thanks!!

Tried it and works flawlessly

So nice to finally not miss phone calls!

Also running 4.5
    07-22-08 05:40 PM
    How can I get OS4.5 on my phone??? I somehow stumbled across this once before by trying to find a headphone jack that would actually work. After inserting a bunch of times trying to get it to work, somehow my ringer went loud! But, since then my trac ball died and I had to replace the phone... Now i cant get the ringer loud again... Someone please send me the 4.5 update!
    07-22-08 10:33 PM
    JR, as I've told you before your good. But this is BRILLIANT! I just switched back to an 8830 and missed the speaker of the 8330. This fix is great
    07-23-08 11:48 PM
    First, It is so awesome that you have been able to figure this out.

I'm still on ver 4.22 though, and I cant find version 4.5 anywhere. Could you please help me with info on how to obtain 4.5??? I already have the desktop manager and everything, so I just need to find the actual firmware.

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!!
    07-24-08 12:31 AM
    THIS WAS A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS PERSON IS AN *****. THE VIDEO IS BS AND THE STEPS THAT WERE GIVEN WERE THE NORMAL STEPS TO ADJUST THE VOLUME OF YOUR RINGER!

QUIT POSTING CRAP THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!

OK, forget all that BS above (I edited the posts anyway to reduce confusion). I made this even easier for you guys to get your ringer loud.

Download this video, unzip it and put it on your BB under Videos. Then do the following.

1) Restart the phone. (Full cold restart/Battery Pull - Optional)
    2) Open up Media Player and watch the video all the way to the end.
    3) Back out with ESC key (right of Pearl) all the way back to home screen.
    4) Go into Profiles/Advanced, highlight Normal and hit Menu/Edit.
    5) Cursor to Phone and hit Enter.
    6) Highlight Volume setting and flip around to check loudness.

If you did everything correctly, your ringer will be REALLY loud.

This is not a permanent fix. If you restart the phone, you'll need to play the video again to get the loudness back. Also, with the fix applied, the Trackball Click sound will be gone as well.

This has only been tested on an 8830 w/OS4.5.

Testing shows that this currently works only with OS4.5.

I make/give no basic or explicit warranty with the use of this procedure or attachment. Use at own risk. (This is for all the crybaby noobs who freak out at the littlest thing.) It's really getting lame that people have to make disclaimers like this for offering help. Man up you weenies.
    07-24-08 10:02 AM
    You are out of order, sir. Your comments are unconscionable and completely ill-informed, which you would know if you'd read any of the responses from people who know far more about the blackberry than you. I suggest you delete your post. I'm not going to quote you, so if you delete it now, you can save yourself further embarrassment.
    07-24-08 10:09 AM
    THIS WAS A BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS PERSON IS AN *****. THE VIDEO IS BS AND THE STEPS THAT WERE GIVEN WERE THE NORMAL STEPS TO ADJUST THE VOLUME OF YOUR RINGER!

QUIT POSTING CRAP THAT YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT!
    Too late Jeff.

Attention everyone... Dumbass alert! Dumbass alert!

I bet you tried this on your 4.2.2 OS if you even tried it. If you didn't, then you tried to visualize the process in your tiny brain and totally failed.

For that matter, the steps in the process to check your volume in profiles isn't even needed. Right after you play the video, the ringer is "fixed".
    07-24-08 06:56 PM
    Yep, after I upgraded to 4.5.0.51, it worked. Way loud for sure. Particularly painful when the earbuds are in... Ouch...
    07-24-08 07:01 PM
    Too late Jeff.

Attention everyone... Dumbass alert! Dumbass alert!

I bet you tried this on your 4.2.2 OS if you even tried it. If you didn't, then you tried to visualize the process in your tiny brain and totally failed.

For that matter, the steps in the process to check your volume in profiles isn't even needed. Right after you play the video, the ringer is "fixed".
    that is absolutely HILARIOUS
    07-25-08 02:19 PM
    JRS how long is your video supposed to be?
    07-25-08 02:49 PM
    How long does it play for?
    07-25-08 07:00 PM
    The video is supposed to play for six seconds. At least mine does.
    07-25-08 11:28 PM
    dude i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this. are you doing it from your BB or your desktop?
    OK, forget all that BS above (I edited the posts anyway to reduce confusion). I made this even easier for you guys to get your ringer loud.

Download this video, unzip it and put it on your BB under Videos. Then do the following.

1) Restart the phone. (Full cold restart/Battery Pull - Optional)
    2) Open up Media Player and watch the video all the way to the end.
    3) Back out with ESC key (right of Pearl) all the way back to home screen.
    4) Go into Profiles/Advanced, highlight Normal and hit Menu/Edit.
    5) Cursor to Phone and hit Enter.
    6) Highlight Volume setting and flip around to check loudness.

If you did everything correctly, your ringer will be REALLY loud.

This is not a permanent fix. If you restart the phone, you'll need to play the video again to get the loudness back. Also, with the fix applied, the Trackball Click sound will be gone as well.

This has only been tested on an 8830 w/OS4.5.

Testing shows that this currently works only with OS4.5.

I make/give no basic or explicit warranty with the use of this procedure or attachment. Use at own risk. (This is for all the crybaby noobs who freak out at the littlest thing.) It's really getting lame that people have to make disclaimers like this for offering help. Man up you weenies.
    07-29-08 07:33 PM
    JRSCCivic98 isn't online at the moment, so let me try. You do the procedure from the Blackberry. BUT...The procedure only works with OS4.5. You have a Verizon 8830. Unless you've upgraded the OS to an unofficial beta, you don't have OS4.5. You have most likely have 4.2.2.176 or 4.2.2.196, the same as me. If that's so, the procedure won't work for you. I strongly encourage you to just use the 8830 for a while, before you consider any upgrading.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-29-08 at 08:13 PM. Reason: more info
    07-29-08 08:12 PM
305 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD