hes says "Do not MOve with media Manager" . then how else am i supose to get the file into my bb from my pc ..
    09-25-08 06:17 AM
    hes says "Do not MOve with media Manager" . then how else am i supose to get the file into my bb from my pc ..
    If you have a Media Card, use Mass Storage Mode. Mass Storage Mode lets you drag and drop files to/from your computer to your BlackBerry Media Card. You enable it as follows:

Status / Options / Media Card
    Media Card Support: On
    Encryption Mode: your choice
    Mass Storage Mode Support: On
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Prompt

Plug the BlackBerry into a USB port, answer Yes to the prompt, and the BlackBerry Media card will show up as a disk drive in My Computer. Then you can drag and drop.

If you don't have a Media Card, you will have to use Media Manager, but be sure not to let it convert the file.
    09-25-08 07:11 AM
    JRS I'm amazed at the ignorance of the masses. I don't even understand how they attempt the fix bc there's no possible way they could have not seen the disclaimers if they actually read the post. Big congrats on this.

oh yeah, can you send me the link for 4.5? I'm not able to read any rules or look in the OS 4.5 Beta forum for it on my own. please hold my newbie hand!! lol
    09-25-08 05:08 PM
    it may be late in the game, but i tried this on my WE and have version 4.2.2.196 and it was a success! great job! now if we can just find a way to work on vibrate mode ...
    10-01-08 12:59 PM
    it may be late in the game, but i tried this on my WE and have version 4.2.2.196 and it was a success! great job! now if we can just find a way to work on vibrate mode ...
    Did you use one of the preinstalled ringtones, or a music ringtone? No one so far has gotten this to work with an OS earlier than 4.5, but I only tried it with 4.2.2.176, not 4.2.2.196.
    10-01-08 01:45 PM
    I say placebo effect. Jeff, I think it's time for you to update that outdated phone of yours to .196 and give it a try. I never tested this under 4.2 at all and don't plan to.
    10-01-08 08:30 PM
    I upgraded to 4.2.2.196 a couple of months ago. No recurrence of the java error I got in June.

I tried your technique this afternoon, using the Star War Imperial March free ringtone from the CrackBerry ringtones.

I repeated it just now, before typing this post. It did not increase my ringer volume in either attempt. I can't reproduce nmontemb's results.
    10-01-08 08:48 PM
    Perhaps try another ringer that's not loud natively, but I still call placebo on 4.2. The thing is, when this unexplained effect was reported by that one lady a long time ago, no OS 4.5 was released yet. Since we were all moving to 4.5 anyway, I never dug deeper to try and get it to work under 4.2. It's possible the same exploit exists on the 4.2 Media Player, but I doubt it. Several people have tried it and reported that it doesn't work, I never went any further because I had no interest.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 10-01-08 at 09:02 PM.
    10-01-08 08:59 PM
    The Star Wars Imperial March ringtone is rather quiet to begin with, MUCH quieter than the built-in Classic Ringtone that I normally use. As further evidence that the fix does not work, the trackball click is not inhibited by the fix, unlike what happens in 4.5 when the fix also silences the click.

I don't want to discourage a newbie from trying stuff for himself, but I don't think the fix works in 4.2.
    10-01-08 09:08 PM
    Also, a dead giveaway that the fix is applied is if your trackball click goes silent after playing the video.
    10-01-08 09:11 PM
    Also, a dead giveaway that the fix is applied is if your trackball click goes silent after playing the video.
    I buried that detail in my previous post. I enabled the trackball click and played the video. The trackball continued to click until I disabled it by the menu option.
    10-01-08 09:17 PM
    I downloaded .77.

I had the typical missing ringtone deal. So I downloaded them and played with the profile settings.

It appears that the ringtones dont sounds as crisp?

They are definately louder.

Obviously, as you turn up the volume on any small speaker you expect it to not sound so great.

Anyway, I played with the volumes on the different profiles and listened to them through the show ringtones.

1) When listening to the various ringtones, do they play at a default volume?
    2) Should I be concerned about the speaker? wondering if the speaker is being trashed or possibly already damaged
    10-10-08 09:09 AM
    .77's High setting has been changed by RIM to be louder then prior releases of the OS. However, my fix still boosts it slightly louder, but just a little. Bottom line is, on High with my fix, the ringer is only going to play as loud as the Media Player would play with the volume turned all the way up. If you have a ishtty ringtone, it'll sound bad.
    10-10-08 11:19 AM
    OK, I just verified this. This should work for people with an 8830 and OS4.5.
    What do I need to do to have a louder ring?
    Savhbyrdman
    10-15-08 08:47 AM
    What do I need to do to have a louder ring?
    Savhbyrdman
    Go back to the first post in the thread. Read from there. The procedure and the file you need are in the first few posts. Everything after that is just people reporting their results.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 09:14 AM
    BB n00b here, 8830 on VZW running 4.5.0.51 and this WORKS!!! OMG, thank you so much!!!! The volume before was almost muted. Now, it is where it should be. Thanks again!!!!!
    10-30-08 11:36 AM
    i'm pretty sure i turned up my phone to loud by turning on the speakerphone when playing with ringer. i dont know how but its better. does that ring a bell to anyone? i would like to know how i did this tho so i can help my mom with her ringer.
    10-30-08 06:18 PM
    i'm pretty sure i turned up my phone to loud by turning on the speakerphone when playing with ringer. i dont know how but its better. does that ring a bell to anyone? i would like to know how i did this tho so i can help my mom with her ringer.
    I tried everything, including doing what you think you did. It did not help. This is the only thing that I have found to make my phone ring louder. It really is simple if you follow the easy instructions posted on the first page. It took me less than 5 minutes to complete it.
    10-31-08 09:40 AM
    Did anyone try going to Media/options and turn on the audio boost? worked really well for me.
    11-02-08 02:25 AM
    I tried that, and it did not work as well as this fix does.
    11-04-08 09:17 PM
    I'm really sorry, I've looked everywhere, but how do I get the os v4.5 on my Blackberry? If someone could PM me or respond to this that would be great

NEVERMIND I SEARCHED AND SEARCHED AND I FOUND IT!! YAY!
    Last edited by marissaxs; 11-10-08 at 08:43 PM.
    11-09-08 11:37 AM
    where can I get OS 4.5 ?
    11-14-08 12:32 AM
    I found OS 4.5, how do I install it on the 8830?
    11-14-08 01:08 AM
    Can everyone stop posting stupid *** questions in this thread that have nothing to do with this thread?
    11-14-08 05:19 PM
    Hi, happy jrsccivic98 - my most sincere apologies if my stupid *** post seemed off-topic. I actually would like 4.5 on my Verizon 8830, so I can turn up the volume. Please go and have yourself a wonderful weekend.
    Why don't you search the BETA4.5 forum and you'll find it. You noobs don't even just read... all you do is come in, register, and blindly post. Spend a bit of time and actually read the posts already on these forums and you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

Honestly, don't take this personally, but it's getting old having to see repetative questions for the same thing... and in this perticular case something that we can't give you directly anyway because it's against forum rules. This OS is not yet released so we can't help you find it, you have to find it on your own.
    11-14-08 09:57 PM
305 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD