made this even easier for you guys to get your ringer loud.
    Download this video, unzip it and put it on your BB under Videos. Then do the following.

UMMMM.....Where is the video link???
    Viewing from wap forum, is that the problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 09:30 PM
    Download this video, unzip it and put it on your BB under Videos. Then do the following.

The video is attached to post #6.
    07-29-08 10:00 PM

Ummm, ya think?

Get on your PC!!! You'll need to extract the ZIP anyway and put the video on your BB via a PC. Why are you guys making this so difficult?

BTW, I've edited the original post again... for even more clarity. If it was any clearer you wouldn't be able to see it.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 07-29-08 at 10:34 PM.
    07-29-08 10:29 PM
    Ok I followed your instructions and they did indeed work...but only for my main ringtone. If I have a ringtone assigned to someone, it's still super-quiet So I either have to have just ONE ringtone for everyone, or I can't hear my cool ringtones I downloaded. Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?? Thanks for the input!
    07-29-08 11:37 PM
    Ok I followed your instructions and they did indeed work...but only for my main ringtone. If I have a ringtone assigned to someone, it's still super-quiet So I either have to have just ONE ringtone for everyone, or I can't hear my cool ringtones I downloaded. Anyone else experience this? Any solutions?? Thanks for the input!
    The "fix" is for all sounds that deal with profiles. That includes alerts and everything... specified ringtones for contacts should also be loud. Check to make sure the ringtone is just not super quiet to begin with. If you don't notice a boost in audio with this applied, then there's something going on. If you do notice a boost, but it's still low... well, that's a ringtone issue with the file you're using.
    07-30-08 12:07 AM
    Yes, it certainly makes every profile alert amazingly loud here...

Ironic that the unit really is capable of this and RIM doesn't simply do something about it in the new OS builds.

Nice that I can kill off my alerts that I have doctored to be loud and use the OEM stuff. But, it's certainly a bummer when I forget to "run the fix" after a battery pull and don't hear the phone for half the day, Haha... Ooops...

Nonetheless, a HUGE thanks to JRS for the fix. Impressive
    07-30-08 09:28 AM
    ok the stupid question of the day....after doing those steps...am i suppose to see an option called "loudness"? lol if i switch to loud or normal profile will the loud tones stick to either one of the profiles?
    07-30-08 09:44 AM
    Not a stupid question...

Nothing changes except that all alerts are MUCH louder.
    07-30-08 09:48 AM
    got it, i couldnt tell while i was changing the setting but the phone just ranged and that thing made me jump cause it caught me off guard =P
    now can someone make one to make this thing vibrate harder!! =]
    07-30-08 09:51 AM
    now can someone make one to make this thing vibrate harder!! =]
    That would CERTAINLY make me more than happy. Sad when an otherwise great phone is limited by fixable things like insufficient alert volume, a seriously insufficient vibrate function, and serious memory issues.
    07-30-08 10:04 AM
    ^^^ That's because the 88xx was designed by a man. Had the phones been designed by a woman, there would have been no issues with vibrate.
    07-30-08 10:09 AM
    07-30-08 10:14 AM
    And they rarely forget, sooo... Maybe the memory issue comes in here as well...

I seem to have a memory leak myself...
    07-30-08 10:20 AM
    The "fix" is for all sounds that deal with profiles. That includes alerts and everything... specified ringtones for contacts should also be loud. Check to make sure the ringtone is just not super quiet to begin with. If you don't notice a boost in audio with this applied, then there's something going on. If you do notice a boost, but it's still low... well, that's a ringtone issue with the file you're using.
    Well I had the ringtones made at the highest volume so it may be the files. I guess I'll have to play around some more...all the other alerts that can be set from the main profile page are nice and loud so at least my alarms are good. Although it's gonna suck when I forget to do the video after pulling the battery! But after all the problems with my old phone (htc 6800), I can't complain too much about my BB!
    07-30-08 03:37 PM
    Didn't work on the 8300. Gave it a try though.....How did you come up with this fix. Pretty interesting procedure!
    07-30-08 04:44 PM
    What I did to solve the OS 4.5 sound issue was copy my tones to the desktop and edit them in Audacity. I just raised the gain and then saved them with a new name. Once they were back on my berry, I had that loud tone back.

This too is only a temporary fix!

07-30-08 04:51 PM
    Didn't work on the 8300. Gave it a try though.....How did you come up with this fix. Pretty interesting procedure!
    Why would you try this on an 8300? Does this thread not discuss that this is for 8830 with OS4.5 only?
    07-30-08 06:54 PM
    Ok so I was playing around with the phone some more today at work. I noticed that all the ringtones that are 'special' to people are automatically put as "exceptions" to the active profile. I can't change that unless I want to not have a special ringtone. Maybe that's why the ringtones aren't loud because they aren't part of the 'active' profile? Is there any way to change it? I looked in options and didn't see any way. I know it's so silly but the songs I downloaded I actually WANT to hear, not just the ONE song that is on the active profile!!
    07-30-08 07:54 PM
    Ok n/m...apparently the ringtones are only quiet when I'm playing with the settings...I just got a call from someone with a 'special' ringtone and it was nice and loud Yay!
    07-30-08 07:57 PM
    Just tried it and stupidly realized I dont have 4.5. VZW states they do not have it available as of yet. Anyone know where to get it?
    07-30-08 08:01 PM
    I was in the large, quiet reception area of a radiology suite a few days ago, and forgot to put my BB on vibrate. It rang...a screamingly loud and piercing ring.

In unison, at least 20 heads from all areas of the room turned in my direction. As I was scrambling to silence it, I just smiled.

LOOK WHAT YOUR FIX HAS DONE, JRS!!!

Awesome!
    08-02-08 12:34 PM
    Great work JRSCCivic98!
    08-02-08 01:10 PM
    Yeah, I have ringers that were optimized in Soundforge to 400% and this hack makes the phone scream... It's frighteningly loud when you aren't expecting it.
    08-02-08 01:26 PM
    looking forward to 4.5 and a permanent fix to the tone problem. However, anyone still using 4.2 can fix the problem as well. Got this from another thread and it works pretty well and the best thing it is EASY. Go to tonethis.com. You can edit the mp3 and then send it to your phone or choose an option to save to a file on your desktop to transfer via usb. I had to use the usb with my vzw 8830. You will notice a difference immediately even while you are editing the mp3. Also, don't be alarmed when you assign the tone to friend/family member and it is not very loud when you test it. Just have them call and you should like what you hear. Also try soundforge.com......this was also in another link.....see ya...

Thanks for nothing RIM......wtf....fix your s&%#t....goes for you also vzw...
    Last edited by macksblackberry; 08-05-08 at 02:27 PM. Reason: new link
    08-04-08 08:20 PM
    looking forward to 4.5 and a permanent fix to the tone problem. However, anyone still using 4.2 can fix the problem as well. Got this from another thread and it works pretty well and the best thing it is EASY. Go to tonethis.com. You can edit the mp3 and then send it to your phone or choose an option to save to a file on your desktop to transfer via usb. I had to use the usb with my vzw 8830. You will notice a difference immediately even while you are editing the mp3. Also, don't be alarmed when you assign the tone to friend/family member and it is not very loud when you test it. Just have them call and you should like what you hear. Also try soundforge.com......this was also in another link.....see ya...

Thanks for nothing RIM......wtf....fix your s&%#t....goes for you also vzw...
    Thanks Mr. Hijacker, can we have control of the plane back now?
    08-07-08 11:03 AM
305 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD