Hi,

i turned on my new unlocked 8820 10 days ago...and 15 minutes ago, it stopped, and on came the white background with the rotating hourglass, and then that went off and the red LED flashed, and then back to the white background...again and again.

I turned it on and off again (through a battery reset), and tried switching batteries with a friends' BB which is working (same model, etc)...but no luck...

This is an AT&T unlocked handset...any opinioins on what i should do?
    03-17-08 12:54 PM
    Your problems sounds a lot like what is described in the link below.

BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    03-17-08 01:07 PM
    Hi,

what's the cause for the "nuking" and whats the guarantee that it doesn't happen again?

This white screen of death is so close to MSFT's bluescreen...which is the lesser of the two evils?!!!

03-18-08 02:40 AM
    Hi,

everything works until the reset of the device-the device still keeps doing the looping reset!

the installation part looks like that in the tutorial, and so does the installation process, until after it loads the software, it ends with "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Should i just send it back to AT&T?
    03-18-08 03:37 AM
    Hi,

everything works until the reset of the device-the device still keeps doing the looping reset!

the installation part looks like that in the tutorial, and so does the installation process, until after it loads the software, it ends with "unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."

Should i just send it back to AT&T?

If you bought it less than 30 days ago you can get a new one. After that, until it is 1 year old you can get a refurbished.
    03-18-08 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD