I just bought an 8830 and I really like it. However, I found out on here that streaming videos, such as youtube, do not work. I heard they work on the Pearl though. Is the OS of the Pearl supposed to be released soon for the 8830?

Also curious about the stereo bluetooth. Will that become compatible?

Thanks
    05-04-08 03:36 PM
    There is absolutely no official word when the new OS update will be released. For now though, you could use blueapple.mobi to get youtube vids.
    05-04-08 03:49 PM
    Thanks. I'm new to Blackberries in general. So is this something that eventually WILL get upgraded for sure? Or is there a chance that those options(streaming vid and stereo bluetooth) will never be compatible?
    05-04-08 04:48 PM
    Since u just got the 8830.. maybe you can tell Sprint you changed your mind and wait for the 8330 (if that ever shows up at Sprint!!!).. It will hopefully be out soon.. The Sprint Curve will have OS v. 4.3 which means u will have streaming capabilities among other things.. the curve is also stereo bluetooth compatible and has a camera, a couple things the 8830 does not have.. just a thought
    05-04-08 06:06 PM
    Thanks, I think they had a price tag out the other day(I'll check tomorrow), but do you know how much the estimated price is? I think it was about $100 more than this. Whereas the Pearl is $50 cheaper than this. I can't find the price of the curve online though.
    05-04-08 06:32 PM
    zclark I also have the 8830 and although I do not have the streaming video, my stereo bluetooth is working..
    05-04-08 06:40 PM
    Yeah, no streaming support on any OS prior to 4.3. However, if you plan on viewing some videos I suggest you use m.vtap.com instead of blueapple.mobi. With vtap you get a chance to pick what size you want the encoding (full screen for High) and you can also download. The plus is that there's a large cache of already encoded videos ready for viewing or downloading. I found it better then blueapple.
    05-04-08 07:32 PM
    zclark I also have the 8830 and although I do not have the streaming video, my stereo bluetooth is working..
    He means stereo bluetooth on video probably. There's no support for that yet, on any BB.
    05-04-08 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD