Good Morning!

I'm hoping someone out there has seen this before and can give me a little guidance. I'm the new BlackBerry Admin for approximately 100 BB users. The majority of whom use 8800's (about 10 or so are 83xx's). Our carrier is AT&T and the OS for the 8800's is 4.2.xxx. I believe were also running a BES server w/v4.1 software.

So, Tuesday morning I was recharging my BB 8800 at my desk when I noticed a bunch of new "globe" icons on my main menu. At first I thought my BB had freaked out so I quickly rebooted it. Hmm... that didn't work. So I scrolled over each one and noticed they were things like "Shop Themes," "Shop Graphics," "Shop Games," etc. And each one takes you to the AT&T store. Good Grief! How did this happen? Now, I know all I need to do is hide the icons on my BB -- but for my user community, any change from the norm and I'm answering questions for a few days. So I'm trying to nip this one in the bud, as they say.

So, my fellow CrackBerry users: Is anyone familiar enough with this scenario to walk a rookie BB Admin through the steps needed to:
    1. Fix my 8800 (I'd like to test on mine first!)
    2. Come up with a way to remotely fix the other BB's. Perhaps via BES, for example?

I'm also prepared for the answer to be, "...Hey, you need to call AT&T support for that," too.

Thanks in advance!
    10-23-08 06:43 AM
    This probably is not much assistance, and I am sure that you probably tried this as well.

Try going into Options | Advanced Options | Applications. After selecting the program you don't want, just display the menu and choose Delete.
    As far as being able to mass delete over BES, I believe that each individual BB will have to go through the above process individually. You may not be able to remove those as they came with the BB OS. I am not sure about that. Perhaps now that I have responded, another CB member may chime in.

Good Luck!
    10-24-08 12:47 PM
    Good Morning!

I'm hoping someone out there has seen this before and can give me a little guidance. I'm the new BlackBerry Admin for approximately 100 BB users. The majority of whom use 8800's (about 10 or so are 83xx's). Our carrier is AT&T and the OS for the 8800's is 4.2.xxx. I believe were also running a BES server w/v4.1 software.

So, Tuesday morning I was recharging my BB 8800 at my desk when I noticed a bunch of new "globe" icons on my main menu. At first I thought my BB had freaked out so I quickly rebooted it. Hmm... that didn't work. So I scrolled over each one and noticed they were things like "Shop Themes," "Shop Graphics," "Shop Games," etc. And each one takes you to the AT&T store. Good Grief! How did this happen? Now, I know all I need to do is hide the icons on my BB -- but for my user community, any change from the norm and I'm answering questions for a few days. So I'm trying to nip this one in the bud, as they say.

So, my fellow CrackBerry users: Is anyone familiar enough with this scenario to walk a rookie BB Admin through the steps needed to:
    1. Fix my 8800 (I'd like to test on mine first!)
    2. Come up with a way to remotely fix the other BB's. Perhaps via BES, for example?

I'm also prepared for the answer to be, "...Hey, you need to call AT&T support for that," too.

Thanks in advance!
    If you didn't load any new apps to the devices, sounds like AT&T pushed some new service books. You won't see them listed in the Application list and about the only thing you can do is hide the icons. You can try deleting the service books but they're prone to come back.

hth,

e.n.
    10-24-08 06:57 PM
    Hey! Thanks for the replies!

Actually, you both appear to be right. I managed to stumble upon them in the Applications List and tried deleting them. And, for a short period of time that worked great. However, as el novato mentioned, they came back.

So far, I seem to be the only one with this problem at my company (knock on wood). And I have no idea what I did to to cause it.

Vince
    10-28-08 07:28 AM
    Try moving or deleting this file from your loader files:

net_rim_cm_customerservice.cod
    10-28-08 09:46 AM
    Try moving or deleting this file from your loader files:

net_rim_cm_customerservice.cod
    Well, before I do that... can you tell me what that little gem is used for?
    10-31-08 01:16 AM
    Good one! It puts strange globe icons on your screen that will give you access to AT&T's customer service! If you need their services routinely, leave them, but if not, it wont hurt to remove them. One other thing...make a new file folder ("removed files") and associate it with your loader files. Then just move the .cod file out of the loader files list to this new folder. If for some reason you want to put the .cod back you'll still have it there to reverse the process. No harm done.
    10-31-08 09:47 AM
    You have a saved web page

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD