So now that a link for Sprint TV on the 8830WE has surfaced, I've been using it here and there and find it very useful at times.

There is, however, one small quirk/issue I have with the software.

If you're using the Sprint Radio, the backlight stays on, and if you attempt to turn it off by hitting the power button, the radio stream is interrupted slightly, the backlight turns back on, and the stream rebuffers.

It dosent seem like there is a way to turn off the backlight while using the radio feature. I didn't see anything in options either.

While I didn't see any memory issues with this, it does seem to be a quici battery drainer, especially if you intend to use the radio for an extended period of time.

I remember when I tried the free 30 day trial of XM Radio for the 8830, you could dim the backlight without any interruption of the live stream...we need this for Sprint TV as well!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 08:42 PM
    Bump...really? Noone? I love how the same questions are answered here over and over again but new, and unique questions are never answered. Heh...ugh. Just another reason to get an iPhone! )Start the flame way...I bet this gets some attention now! Hahaha...here we go!)

01-04-09 02:14 PM
    Bump...really? Noone? I love how the same questions are answered here over and over again but new, and unique questions are never answered. Heh...ugh. Just another reason to get an iPhone! )Start the flame way...I bet this gets some attention now! Hahaha...here we go!)

If I was on sprint I would try to help you but sprint wont let me use their program on verizons network. (I know I have tried)
    01-04-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD