Hey, many 8330 users have found MMS to start working with 4.5. No one that has a Sprint WE 8830 comments. I have not gotten the MMS service book, does anyone out there?
    02-10-09 01:32 AM
    ...not sure if it applies to sprint but on VZW a non camera phone aint gettin' no pictures, blackberry or not.
    02-10-09 01:34 AM
    MMS is controlled by the carrier, not the OS. I believe that some carriers are activating MMS with the latest 4.5 release. It mostly means they are sending the servicebook to your BB once it detects the OS version.

Since Bell Mobility is the only one who has actually released 4.5 for the 8830, it makes sense that VZW and Sprint haven't activated MMS on the 8830. They may never activate it since there isn't a camera in the phone.

I was thinking that not everyone was having success with their 8330 Curves and MMS on Sprint, even through they release the official version of 4.5. It all depends on the servicebooks and the carrier's service.
    02-10-09 08:50 AM
    I am still running 4.2 on Sprint, but when I called them before with my Mogul they told me that they hadn't found a way to regulate it with PDA's and smartphones so they turned off the service for those phones. May be that they figured it out now. I know it sucks getting picture mail sent and can't open it because of the MMS and no blackberry plan
    02-13-09 10:09 PM
    I called and asked Sprint about that, they said there was never a need to activate MMS since the phone didn't have a camera. They told me instead to just email the picture to there phone.
    02-14-09 09:43 AM
    It is indeed Carrier dependent. Also there are plenty of phones with no camera that still can recieve mms
    02-14-09 02:16 PM
    I picked up a Sprint, Blackberry Curve 8330 yesterday for my mom, with version 4.5 and it has MMS on it. I took a pic and sent it to my phone, and I got it! I'm downloading the 4.5 OS for my Curve right now!
    02-14-09 02:48 PM
    I get text messages all the time that send a link but when I tell it to get the link I get the error since I don't have the BIS pack to allow me Browser access. Anyone know of a way around that?
    02-14-09 06:10 PM
    I picked up a Sprint, Blackberry Curve 8330 yesterday for my mom, with version 4.5 and it has MMS on it. I took a pic and sent it to my phone, and I got it! I'm downloading the 4.5 OS for my Curve right now!
    You have a Curve, right? This is the 8830WE forum... totally different phone...
    02-16-09 03:24 AM
    I get text messages all the time that send a link but when I tell it to get the link I get the error since I don't have the BIS pack to allow me Browser access. Anyone know of a way around that?
    You have to have data access in order you browse the web to get the link.
    02-16-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD