Are there any sprint users in here who have sim cards in their 8830 right now? if so what does your phone say on "Network" when you go into

Advanced options --> Sim card and type in "MEPD" (you will not see what your typing)

We all know the sprint phone is natively unlocked but I want to know if it says "active" or "disabled" on the unlocked sprint phones.
    07-18-07 07:58 PM
    Mine says "disabled"
    07-18-07 08:46 PM
    BlondBoyL
    Are you having a problem? Mine says "SIM Cars Security Disabled", but you know I have Verizon. I hope all is well.
    07-18-07 10:08 PM
    BlondBoyL
    Are you having a problem? Mine says "SIM Cars Security Disabled", but you know I have Verizon. I hope all is well.
    No but I am trying to see what the sprint phones say because of the whole debate from the other thread.
    07-19-07 05:23 AM
    Mine says "disabled"
    Sammy, it says disabled under network or is it saying "Sim card security disabled" across the top?
    07-19-07 05:25 AM
    It's saying disabled under Network settings, but if I hit the menu i]there's an option to "Enable"
    07-19-07 09:43 PM
    I did what you said to do, and under the nework it says "active". So is it unlocked? Have no clue what the differance is.
    07-19-07 09:52 PM
    I did what you said to do, and under the nework it says "active". So is it unlocked? Have no clue what the differance is.
    Well right now there is a whole debate about the phones actually being unlocked that I am trying to put an end to, but sammy's phone seems different than everyone elses phone. Sammy could you snap a pic of that screen?
    07-20-07 05:24 AM
    I'll see what I can do later in the day, when im near me laptop & camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-07 05:30 AM
    I'll see what I can do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-07 05:38 AM
    Here's a couple of pics I took of what my screen looks like. Sorry they're not that great, but you can still make out what it says. I hope this helps.

Attachment 373

Attachment 374
    07-21-07 01:01 AM
    Here's a couple of pics I took of what my screen looks like. Sorry they're not that great, but you can still make out what it says. I hope this helps.

Attachment 373

Attachment 374
    Hey sammy thanks for the pics, but as far as your "Network" goes, it doesn't say disabled, it says "active". This is what I was looking for becuse the sprint phones are supposedly unlocked by default. There is a debate going on right now weather anyone who unlocks their VZW phone if its really unlocked but mine says the same thing yours says.
    07-21-07 05:17 AM
    Well on regular GSM phones when the Network says Active, it is not unlocked. It should read Disabled there if it is really unlocked.

Maybe this is different for CDMA/GSM devices, but I don't see why it would be.
    07-21-07 05:57 AM
    Could it be something that you have to set up when getting ready to travel overseass? In other words, I would have to call Sprint to get an International Plan or another provider to activate that service?
    07-21-07 06:47 AM
    Could it be something that you have to set up when getting ready to travel overseass? In other words, I would have to call Sprint to get an International Plan or another provider to activate that service?
    I doubt it. if a phone is unlocked you should not have to do anything with your carrier as you will be using a sim card for a different network
    07-21-07 07:32 AM
    If you decided to travel and you had an unlocked BlackBerry and used it in GSM mode Sprint would never be aware of it. I have an Unlocked Storm running on AT&T and its works fantasticly. The storm is a CDMA/GSM phone like the BlackBerry 8830
    08-09-09 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD