Hey guys first time on the website and just a few questions...
    First let me say that i work in the music world and i recently was at a ampeitheater show and that is how i got this phone. I found it in a seat turned it into lost and found and no one claimed it after 30 days so it became mine..

1. it is set up for sprint and i use AT&T can i unlock it to use it for sprint.

2. if the answer is no to #1 anyone wanna buy a brand new 8830 WE for cheap.

3. If answer is yes who or where would i go to unlock it?
    01-19-08 04:38 PM
    uh.... found it and did not call Sprint to say you found it and give them the phone number of it?

to answer q's
    1. Cannot use on AT&T
    4. DO THE HONEST THING AND CALL SPRINT
    01-19-08 04:57 PM
    Well, if you end up having to give it back, go down to ATT and buy yourself a Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-08 05:03 PM
    called sprint and notified them that a phone was lost at sound advice amp and gave them all the info they asked and held it for 30 days after phone call made to sprint... They called back quite some time later saying that they were not able to get ahold of owner of the phone. Please i do not questions anyones honesty on this forum please do not question mine.
    01-19-08 05:03 PM
    The phone honestly is useless. Each BB has a PIN/ESN number. Once the orginally owner reported it lost. You can no longer use the device at all. It is black listed in the BB system that renders the device useless on all carriers.

Find a Sprint store and drop the phone off. They will properly dispose of it.

PS. Sprint devices only work on the Sprint network, you can't take them to a different carrier.
    01-19-08 05:12 PM
    I meant no personal offense..
    01-19-08 05:19 PM
    ok, i am sure in the world of hightech cellphones they is alot of theft. Is there anyway to check and see if the phone was reported lost or stolen??? the only reason i was asking about chaning it was so my wife can use it for work i go through phones o fast to have something fancy
    01-19-08 10:53 PM
    ok, i am sure in the world of hightech cellphones they is alot of theft. Is there anyway to check and see if the phone was reported lost or stolen??? the only reason i was asking about chaning it was so my wife can use it for work i go through phones o fast to have something fancy
    Yes, if it is a Blackberry. I don't know about regular cell phones.
    01-20-08 09:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD