Brand newbie here. Was learning and loving BB 8830 for first two days. This is day three and all of sudden, I got a spinning hour glass freezing things up. I took out the battery and reinserted it and that seems to have "fixed it".

I've been sending and receiving e-mails just fine until this afternoon. About the same time the "spinning" began, another problem cropped up with e-mail. I can send, but I'm not receiving. No more spinning, but I'm still not receiving e-mails.

I'm with Alltell and the hard core data folk aren't there until morning. And of course, being a newly minted Crackerberry head, I'll be up all night trying to figure this out.
    Thanks for any help and suggestions.
    10-27-07 09:16 PM
    I had this happen after I installed applications before. Did you add anything to the Crackberry?
    10-27-07 09:26 PM
    Yes. Yesterday, I installed Opera Mini 4 Beta. Before that I had installed a contact management system called Top Producer. It's an application used widely by Real Estate Brokers. No problems at all yesterday. The only other thing that might have been out of the ordinary is that I was trying to to run through my three cycles of depleting and charging the battery. This all started happenning as the battery was very low (in the 2nd cycle). I thought that might have been it, but it continuued even after it was fully charged. It (the spinning) was even worse.
    Currently, the spinning isn't an issue. Oddly enough, I just got an e-mail. So, no e-mails received today (on the CB) between 5:20 and 11:30. But......I just tried sending myself a test e-mail and I'm not getting it.

I really appreciate the reply. Any suggestions?
    10-27-07 10:44 PM
    I've gone through periods of the hourglass appearing. Blackberry states that the issue could be related to low memory, corrupt system from installing a program, or your browser doesn't support java script.
    So if its one of these issues either buy a memory card or bigger one, reinstall your operating system (only able to through a PC), or get to your browser options and make sure your java script box is checked.

However, it seems like my Blackberry just got backed up with e-mails and Facebook messages that weren't being transmitted to my Blackberry, probably from an issue from Alltel. I tried soft rebooting it (alt+cap+backspace) for days and even removed my battery for a night and nothing helped. This went on for several days until eventually I removed/replaced the battery and when it came back on all the backed up data got through-i deleted all the new (now old) messages and hourglass went away.

So if the 3 above probable concerns can be ruled out, then try removing/ replacing your battery until all the data that was backed up gets through.
    05-26-09 06:45 PM
    It sounds like you are running out of memory. Go through one of the memory freeing guides and make sure you are on OS 4.5. You can also buy a memory card to store pictures, music, and ringtones on.
    05-27-09 10:40 AM
    I'm with Alltel and have had that happen several times. Have plenty of memory on card, and wife had probs with her BB too. Seems sometimes Alltel can back up...msgs went out, but none came in for several hours. Couldn't get online either, then Viola!, things were back to normal. No amount of resetting would help, and like I said, the wife's BB was affected also. Made me believe it was network issue, not device.
    05-27-09 02:33 PM
    I'm with Alltel and have had that happen several times. Have plenty of memory on card, and wife had probs with her BB too. Seems sometimes Alltel can back up...msgs went out, but none came in for several hours. Couldn't get online either, then Viola!, things were back to normal. No amount of resetting would help, and like I said, the wife's BB was affected also. Made me believe it was network issue, not device.
    Free space on the memory card does not matter. Only the file free value of the device memory matters. The memory card only provides a place for media so that you don't take up device memory. I have seen a short hourglass when receiving emails before on my device on sprint, so your theory that alltel is getting backed up and flooding your device might be correct.
    05-27-09 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD